This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Cascade. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
I recently received the above products from Cascade. The task – to make homemade gooey mac & cheese, yummy brownies, and invite some people over to share them with. Let all the dishes sit (even overnight), run the dishwasher using Cascade Platinum, and Cascade Rinse Aid for my guests to see the results.
Also, everyone leaves with Cascade Platinum and Cascade Rinse Aid. Yay!
So, that’s what I did. I mixed a batch of peanut butter chip brownies the night before (so the dishes could sit overnight). Then the afternoon of, I made my own homemade, extra cheesy mac & cheese, with buttery, crunch topping.
I’m not one to ever neglect dirty dishes, and knowing both of these would put Cascade Platinum to the test, I was a bit worried how this was going to turn out.
With promises of triple action formula, no pre-wash needed and the power to remove 24 hour stuck on food, I went ahead and let all the dishes sit in the sink. This is soooo not like me!
While everyone enjoyed the food, and while the dishes sat, we had some fun going over Cascade’s tips for how to load your dish washer.
- Stack your dishes high and low but be sure that bulky items DO NOT block the detergent chamber.
- Place tall dishes and pans in the back of the bottom rack so they DO NOT block the powerful sprayer under the bottom rack.
- Place glasses and other fragile items in the top rack. This helps keep them from the sprayer.
- Set glasses between tines on the rack NOT over them as wet contact points can cause spots.
- Thread any long utensils through coffee-mug handles to help keep them secure in the wash.
- Check to ensure that there aren’t any stray utensils that will block the nozzle or sprayer.
- Got any big dishes? Load them on the bottom rack face down.
I had so many dishes that day, I had to run the washer twice!
Cascade Platinum put my worries to easy! Wow, the dishes, even the ones that sat overnight were sparkling clean and with no pre-washing! One little packet actually contains enough power to clean a whole load of dirty dishes. Using special enzymes that latch onto food, breaking it down so it can it wash away. But Where does the food go? “There is a garbage disposal built into the bottom of almost all dishwashers that works just like the disposal in your sink.” Who knew? I didn’t – thank you Cascade for that bit of info.
Cascade Platinum features a premium, advanced triple-action formula specially designed to deliver Cascade’s best-in-market performance. The results are Very impressive!
Have you tried Cascade Platinum?
Have an opinion to share? Head to the Cascade website to leave a short review of Cascade Platinum (http://www.cascadeclean.com/us/cascade/review) including #CascadeShiningReviews. One reviewer will win a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher!
One Five Dollar Shake reader will win a Cascade Platinum prize pack!
Prize package includes:
- Cascade Platinum
- Cascade Platinum Rinse Aid
- Cheese grater
- Oven mitts
Enter to win by using the widget below. You’ll need a valid email address to enter. Winner must be 18+ and live within the United States. One winner will be chosen and contacted by email on September 18th.