Comcast announced it will fill nearly 400 new positions in Michigan over the next 12 months. More than 300 of the new jobs are customer care roles that will support service-related inquiries for subscribers at the company’s call centers in Ann Arbor, Plymouth and Sterling Heights. The company also has openings at its service centers and in technical operations, marketing and sales to support residential and business customers.
“Our company has deep roots here in Michigan that go back several decades,” said Tim Collins, regional senior vice president for Comcast in Michigan. “By adding nearly 400 new jobs to the existing 4,300 employees within the state, we’re reaffirming our commitment to this region while sending a clear message that customer satisfaction is our top priority.”
Comcast’s aggressive hiring efforts support the company’s nationwide focus on improving the customer service experience, which includes:
- Hiring 5,500 new workers over the next three years and adding three new call centers, part of a $300 million investment being made in 2015.
- Investing in technology and training to give employees the tools they need to deliver excellent service.
- Simplifying billing and creating better policies for customers.
- Renovating hundreds of stores across the country and developing new technologies that will let customers interact with us at their convenience.
Offering an app that allows customers to view the status of their Comcast technician and rate their appointments, and a $20 credit when a technician is late or doesn’t show up.
- Tripling the size of its social care team to serve customers more quickly.
This is great news from Comcast! Since my family has upgraded to the Xfinity x1 Platform we have experienced nothing but the highest quality of products and customer service. Though, I do love it when a large company recognizes that there is room for improvement. Way to go Comcast!
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.