The modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia is a city like no other. Comprised of habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown, it’s a melting pot where animals from every environment live together—a place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the smallest shrew, you can be anything. But when rookie Officer Judy Hopps arrives, she discovers that being the first bunny on a police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy. Determined to prove herself, she jumps at the opportunity to crack a case, even if it means partnering with a fast-talking, scam-artist fox, Nick Wilde, to solve the mystery.
Voice Cast: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman, Shakira, Idris Elba, J.K. Simmons, Nate Torrence, Jenny Slate, Tommy Chong, Octavia Spencer, Bonnie Hunt, Don Lake, Alan Tudyk, Tommy “Tiny” Lister, Raymond Persi, Katie Lowes, Jesse Corti, John DiMaggio
Directors: Byron Howard, Rich Moore, Co-Director: Jared Bush, Producer: Clark Spencer
Composer: Michael Giacchino.
We really enjoyed this film. With an entertaining cast of characters, an inspiring, and thought provoking message, and well written plot, Zootopia is fun for the entire family. The story moves quickly, leaving no down time, which I really like. I don’t often make it to the end of animated films. This one I’ve seen three times so far. Though our granddaughter (8) really enjoyed Zootopia, it is our teenage daughter (16) that is the biggest Zootopia fan in the house. She was super excited to add it to our home collection. Zootopia is also filled with stunning animation. I love the colors and amount of detail that went into this movie. I can’t believe how many new, and fun details I discover every-time we watch it.
If you liked Zootopia in the theater, you are going to LOVE the in-home release! It’s packed with a ton of fun bonus features. The “Z.P.D. Forensic Files” is one of my favorites, as is “Zoology: The Roundtables”.
Bonus features include*: BLU-RAY 3D, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
• Zoology: The Roundtables – Ginnifer Goodwin hosts an in-depth look at the movie’s characters, animation, environments and more. The artists at Disney Animation give a rare and in-depth look at the complexities of bringing an all-animal world to life from the ground-breaking technology behind the characters’ fur and clothing to the varied and vast environments of Tundratown, Sahara Square and the Rainforest District as well as the deep thought and research given to bringing 64 unique animal species to life through animation.
• The Origin of an Animal Tale – Follow the story’s development from its origins to a big story shift that turned the film upside down. In this feature-length documentary, filmmakers give a candid look into the difficulties of creating the story of ZOOTOPIA and the bold decision to switch the main character late in the production process, putting one resolute rabbit center stage.
• Research: A True-Life Adventure – The filmmakers traveled the globe to find inspiration for the diverse characters and amazing city of ZOOTOPIA. They reflect on the importance of research and how a deep dive into animal behavior at Disney Animal Kingdom theme park and a deep immersion into animal society on the African savanna shaped and inspired the characters of Zootopia and changed the filmmakers’ lives forever.
• Z.P.D. Forensic Files – Find the movie’s hidden Easter Eggs. Every city has its hidden gems, especially when it has been created by the filmmakers of Disney Animation who love nothing more than sprinkling hidden references to some of Disney’s greatest animated features throughout the story.
• Scoretopia – Academy Award®-winning composer, Michael Giacchino spotlights five of cinema’s greatest percussionists and how they brought an organic, animalistic sound to his powerful and emotional music score.
• Deleted Characters – Directors Byron Howard and Rich Moore introduce citizens of ZOOTOPIA who did not make the final cut.
• Deleted Scenes:
• Alternate Opening – Young Judy Hopps rescues a fellow classmate and realizes she can reach beyond a life in carrot farming to a future in law enforcement.
• Wild Times! Pitch – Nick desperately pitches the bankers of V on funding Wild Times!, an amusement park made exclusively for the predators of Zootopia and a sure-fire, money-making scheme for Nick and his friends.
• Alternate Homesick Hopps – After a frustrating first day on the force, Judy has a conversation with her parents. See how this scene changed from a heartfelt conversation with her parents to tough love when her parents discover their daughter is only a meter maid and not a “real cop.”
• Detective Work – Judy borrows a fellow police officer’s computer to conduct research, which turns out to be no small task.
• Alternate Jumbo Pop – In this early version of the story where Nick was the main character, the filmmakers and Jason Bateman were able to take hustling to a new level.
• Hopps’ Apartment – When Judy’s entire family pays her a surprise visit they are shocked to discover the company she’s keeping.
• The Taming Party – In this emotional clip from an early version of “Zootopia,” Judy attends her first “taming party” and gains a deeper understanding of the plight of the predator.
• “Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
Add Zootopia to your home library on Blu-ray and Digital HD on 6/7!
Visit the official ZOOTOPIA website here: http://movies.disney.com/zootopia
Like ZOOTOPIA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyZootopia
Follow ZOOTOPIA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyZootopia
Follow Disney Animation on Instagram: https://instagram.com/disneyanimation/
Visit Disney Animation on Tumblr: http://disneyanimation.tumblr.com/
FTC Disclaimer: I attended an expense paid trip by Disney to press events for the home release of Zootopia. All opinions shared are always honest and my own.