Over the last decade or so, DreamHost has grown to more than 1500 servers, state-of-the-art data centers, and a full time staff of more than 100 employees. They now host more than 1 million domains. They’re focused solely on providing a quality customer experience backed by the absolute best web hosting technology in the industry. It’s a never-ending quest, but it’s one they’re happy to take on.
At DreamHost we’ve been happily hosting our clients’ dreams (and websites) since April 1997.
You could be one of them! DreamHost web hosting is filled with benefits. Like shared hosting.
What is shared hosting?
Shared web hosting is what most people mean when they refer to “web hosting”. It simply means that many customers’ websites reside on a single web server, and that the server’s resources (CPU and RAM) are shared among every customer account on the machine. Customers who do not need the flexibility of a Virtual Private Server or the performance of a Dedicated Server greatly benefit from what shared web hosting has to offer. Feature-rich web hosting starts at just $8.95/month.
Who uses shared?
Shared hosting is an ideal solution for bloggers, website designers, e-commerce stores and small businesses.
- Our One-Click software installer will automatically install and configure a new WordPress blog in minutes!
- Customers can easily manage their shared account from a web browser thanks to our intuitive control panel.
- Get unlimited data transfer bandwidth, website storage, email and hosted domains, and much more!
- Write your own web apps with a wide variety of code languages including PHP5, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, and many more.
DreamHost also provides Dedicated packages!
What is a Dedicated server?
A Dedicated server is a physical server that is only accessed by one customer. The customer is able to utilize the full CPU and RAM resources of the hardware system. Unlike a Virtual Private Server (VPS), all resources on a Dedicated Server are made available exclusively to a single customer, enabling consistently high performance at all times.
The Dedicated server product line includes several bundled options to help businesses choose the appropriate hardware configuration that best fits their needs.
Who uses Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is ideal for businesses or advanced users who run high traffic websites, CPU-intensive applications, or complex databases.
- Harness the full power of your multi-core processor. Choose from bundles that include dual-core and quad-core CPUs.
- Control your Dedicated server with our homegrown web panel. You have full root access to your server, and the ability to reboot remotely from the panel.
- Bandwidth for your site is unlimited! Unlike the competition, DreamHost includes unmetered data transfer bandwidth with all bundles
All packages come with the DreamHost reliable support team!
DreamHost manages its own network, so that your site never skips a beat. DreamHost’s network is backed by a 100% uptime guarantee policy and you’ll have around-the-clock (24×7) access to our expert technical support representatives via email, live chat, and up to three callbacks per month. DreamHost also includes a 4-hour hardware replacement guarantee policy.
From purchasing domains, to shared hosting, to dedicated hosting, DreamHost is a one stop shop to get you online!
Already have a domain? DreamHost would like to help you cut down on hosting and server headaches! They’re waiting to guide you through the process of moving your blog for a seamless experience, no matter your level of technical expertise.
One lucky Five Dollar Shake reader will win a $119.00 Gift Code to use for the Dream Host product or service of their choice! Enter to win by using the Rafflecopter widget below. If you have any issues with the widget or would like to enter by email, please contact me at email@example.com. One winner will be chosen and contacted by email on June 30th.