I tried this new pork roast recipe today in the slow cooker. I followed the recipe exactly as it is and it turned out delicious. My whole family gave it big thumbs up. I’ll definitely be making this one again.
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
* 1 cup hot water
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon ketchup
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1. Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of the onion. In a bowl, mix together water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and hot sauce; pour over roast.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours.