I found this in my email yesterday!
I thought it would be fun to share a top ten list of what eBay means to me.
10. Winning! I can still remember bidding on my first item. Watching the final minutes count down and how excited I was to see ” You are the winner of this item”. Big or small – this never gets old.
09. Selling. It didn’t take me long after I was introduced to eBay to jump on the selling wagon. Not only has this helped rid clutter from our home, it’s really helped our family budget.
08. Memories. The perfect mother/ daughter day at Cedar Point. Completely funded my eBay earnings!
07. Fun! I love to search eBay for fun and unique items. Like my Pulp Fiction alarm clock. Now that’s a fun find! Where else but eBay?
06. Profit! Profit while trading up. Yes, I did! I once sold my daughter’s discontinued twin size bed spread for more than I paid for the same bed spread in a full size. I was honestly paid to trade up. I’ve also had this luck with books. Selling them for more than I paid, and funding my next read. No where else but eBay!
05.Coupons. My husband does a lot of remodeling work. I continue to score great deals, paying only pennies for hardware store coupons on eBay. This has literally saved us hundreds over the past two years alone.
04. Goals and Rewards. My family has recently set goals and rewards for using eBay. I was the first to reach my goal of selling items and earning enough to fund an iPad. Something I’ve been wanting for a while, but just wasn’t in our budget.
03. Green. Finding ways to live more green has been a constant effort of mine. Can you think of anything more green than resale in-place of retail? Nope. eBay even has their own green specialists. I love the eBay Green Team !
02. Income. eBay is a great place to quickly increase or supplement income. I was a stay at home mom for a very short time. I was also laid off for a while, not that long ago. Both of these took a huge hit on our family budget. Both of these times I was shocked at how many items, toys and unwanted or outgrown articles of clothing I was able to find and sell on eBay. Keeping my family pretty close to the life style we were accustom to until returning to work.
01. Giving! I LOVE that you can support your favorite cause by participating in the eBay Giving Works program. Donate 10% to 100% or simply visit and make a donation. Be sure to follow eBay Giving Works on Facebook.
Here’s to another 10 years eBay!
I wrote this blog post as a member of the eBay Parent Panel. I hold a compensated position with eBay. Opinions expressed are my own and honest.