Yep, it’s that time of year again! Time to toss our stuff in the car and head to the point – Cedar Point, for HalloWeekends. That is exactly what we plan to do this Saturday. With this year said to be bigger, better and scarier than the previous, I am both excited and totally scared to death already!
While the park gets super scary after dark, there are pumpkins full of family friendly rides, shows and attractions through the day.
- Skeleton Crew— An exciting spectacle of acrobatics and aerial acts taking place throughout the day in Cedar Point’s new Celebration Plaza!
- The Goodtime Ghouls: A Halloween Hullabaloo— An energetic musical revue featuring a mix of rockabilly, swing, pop and disco in the Good Time Theater.
- Gypsy Fortune Tellers— Find out what’s in the cards for you as you venture into Frontiertown.
- Charlie Brown’s Funtime Frolics— Join Charlie, Snoopy and the PEANUTS gang for music, stories and spooky surprises.
- The Magical House on Boo Hill— Whimsical illusions await at every corner in the topsy-turvy house just outside the Blue Streak roller coaster.
- Monster Midway Invasion Celebration— Friendly monsters and characters take over the Cedar Point Main Midway with dancing, parade floats and music every day at 4 p.m.
- PEANUTS™ Halloween Show and Kids’ Costume Contest— Bring your little pirates and princesses for pre-school competitions at 2 p.m. and grade-school competitions at 2:45 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday in the Blue Streak Plaza.
- Sideshow: A Carnival of Magic— Step right up for amazing illusions and jaw-dropping suspense!
- And More!
Warning: Every weekend night, evil takes over the park. Zombies, Psychotic clowns and other twistedness that will haunt you and your friend’s dreams. This event is too intense for anyone under the age of 13. Or anyone else, for that matter.
Note earlier hours this year!
- The Haunted Houses open at 5 p.m.
- The Outdoor Scare Zones open at 8 p.m.
With plenty of haunted attractions, including outdoor haunted walk-through mazes that are sure to be fun yet terrifying there is something for every thrill seeker at cedar point’s HalloWeekends.
I have been a big fan of Cedar Point all of my life. Living in Michigan visiting the park has been something I look forward to every year. The thrills, the games, and especially the coasters. Being there anytime of the season is always a good time.
But, hello, have seen this?
Scaaaary!! and that’s just a small sneak peek. Visit the Cedar Point HalloWeekends website to get all the gory details and to plan your trip, if you dare.
HalloWeekends are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays: September 14 – October 28, 2012 and you can save on your ticket by buying it online here!
Watch for my 2012 Cedar Point HalloWeekends review soon.
I am being provided with free tickets to Cedar Point for the purpose of writing this and future blog posts. There will be no type of monetary compensation. The opinions expressed are all 100% my own.