According to Javelin Strategy & Research, there was one incident of ID fraud every three seconds in 2012. The holiday season is an especially dangerous time of year for this crime as consumers are distracted and sharing their confidential information frequently, such as credit card numbers.
I know at least two people in my family that have had this happen to them, and both spent months working out the details. It’s a silent crime, you don’t see it coming, and you wont even know it happened, until it’s too late.
That is what makes the 73Ci Fellowes paper shredder such a great gift idea. It’s the perfect way to protect yourself or your family from ID fraud.
- SafeSense Technology which automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening
- 100% Jam-Proof System that eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs
- A proprietary Energy Savings System that maximizes shredder energy savings 100% of the time – both in use and out of use
- Capacitive touch screen controls
- Heavy-duty Cross-Cut blades that destroy 12 sheets of paper into 397 particles per sheet, making it extremely difficult to reassemble
Fellowes is also a name I trust, I’ve been using their products for years. After watching what my family members went through, the phone calls, the meetings, the court dates – giving the gift of ID protection is high on my gift guild this year.
FTC Disclosure: Free product will be received for the purpose of this blog post. All experiences and opinions expressed are still honest and my own.