Greatest Salvation Army find yet!

So excited to tell you about my latest discovery at my local Salvation Army store. As you probably have gathered by now if you’ve read any of my previous blogs, I love to browse through the local thrift stores in my area. Although I enjoy the local stores, I will venture out to outlying areas in search of my next great find. While I was not in the market for a coat, something coaxed me into the woman’s coat area while at one of my favorite Salvation Army stores in Sterling Heights (Michigan).

One coat caught my eye, tried it on, but it didn’t fit quite right. Several coats over, I was amazed to see what appeared to be the perfect winter coat! It was full-length, hooded, and was in my size! I tried it on, and was instantly in love! Could not believe that the label shouted “Liz Claiborne”” and it was actually a wool and cashmere blend!

fivedollarshake.net_blogpostcoatfind1

The blue tag indicated that the price was $34.99, which was a great price. It was then that I realized that that it was 75% off blue tag day, which is something that I had never seen before. If I didn’t keep the receipt, I am not sure many would not believe that I bought this coat for an unbelievable $9.26 with tax!

fivedollarshake.net_blogpostcoatfind2

I decided right then that I wasn’t going to save this coat for special occasions, that I was going to wear it whenever I could. This purchase couldn’t have come at a better time considering the winter that we’ve been experiencing this year in Michigan with record-breaking snow falls. I’ve taken my dogs for walks in it, shoveled snow in it, and simply enjoyed the warmth that this very luxurious coat has afforded me. Not only have I enjoyed this coat immensely, I have received many wonderful compliments about how it looks on me! I really feel like a special lady when I put on this wonder of a coat!

So, the next time that you go into your local thrift store, don’t confine yourself to the areas that you normally frequent, see out other areas, perhaps there’s a treasure waiting for you to discover them!

Comments

I’m a goodwill shopper, my best was a white house black market dress that fits me perfectly!

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

That is awesome Cynthia ! I’ve had good luck with tops and sweaters, I guess I need to start checking the dress department as well.

Thank you for adding a comment.

I am also a thrift store shopper and last week I got a Old Navy puffy blue Vest that was brand new with the tag on it, and it was 60% off of 5.99! So I got it for like $2.50! I just love this vest and it is in extra large and fits me perfect! I love your Liz Claborne Coat! It is gorgeous! Congrats on a great find!

Wow, that is a crazy good deal! It looks really nice, too :).
    I haven’t been thrifting in a long time but I did buy a dress for a ’20s party once for like $5 or $10 at a Salvation Army :).

4. Heather says:

I went to a Salvation Army for the last few formal events I’ve gone to and walked away with some of the most gorgeous dresses. A beautiful sweetheart cut violet dress of velvet and silk (15$), and another glamorous red dress that changed to gold in the light (this one still had the original tag on it and was 20$). I love that most of these dresses have only been worn once or twice for a fancy occasion, you can get some awesome vintage gowns, and the prices can’t be beat!

5. Sunnie says:

Whoa, super sweet score!! I love second hand shopping!! It does look like a nice coat, good job!!

Wow, you never know what you may find! What a nice coat and I love that it has a hood, too!

Send this to friend