I recently downloaded The Xfinity™ TV GO app for review. Being such a big movie and television watcher, and perfectly happy with my current watching habits (both cable and streaming online), I was curious to see if an app would enhance my viewing experience. Or would it be something I use for a minute and then disregard.
XFINITY™ TV Go app:
“Now you can watch live TV from on any device, anywhere you go. Plus, watch your favorite TV shows and movies anytime with XFINITY On Demand™. You can also download TV shows and movies from Showtime, Starz, Encore and Movieplex to your phone or tablet and watch them anytime, anywhere—even when you’re offline.”
First off, for someone who was “perfectly happy” with her current watching habits, I have to admit that I used the heck out this app! Like watching The Good Wife during my lunch break on Mondays, because football keeps over lapping, causing one of my favorite shows to air way past my bedtime. The app has also been great while picking up my teenage daughter, because that almost always requires a long wait in my car. Nothing helps pass the time like a little Modern family or 2 Broke Girls.
Not just on the go! With our living room being the only room to have a cable box, the XFINITY™ TV Go app has given us the freedom to watch more of our favorite shows, in more areas of our house. Nothing beats snuggling with my granddaughter and letting her watch an episode of one her favorite shows before lights out. Also, a big plus for us is that our tablet plugs directly into our bedroom HDTV. So, we’ve been able to kick back after a long day and enjoy watching our favorite dramas that are not very family friendly, like The Blacklist or Hell On Wheels in private.
I haven’t tried out the download option as of yet, but this will definitely come in handy the next time I travel. I hate paying for WiFi while on a plane, and often have no luck when it comes to airport service. It’s usually fine for answering emails, but not when it comes to watching a movie. Besides, I make a real effort to work as little possible while traveling, I’d much rather watch television or a movie to pass the time.
A few note worthy things that I enjoyed while reviewing the XFINITY™ TV Go app.
1. The selection is endless. I love discovering new series to fall into. Hello Gracepoint!
2. I love that the app shows a countdown timer during commercial breaks. Let’s me know if I need to run or if I can walk to refill my snacks and drinks.
3. Makes it easy to binge watch. I have to admit, it’s a weakness of mine. I can be the queen of “one more episode” no matter how late it gets.
4. I love staying connected! We recently lost power for over a day, and were able to entertain the kids with playing cards and board games, and just being together. But, when that wore thin, we used the app on our tablet, while connecting to our cell phone hotspot service. Worked great.
5. Advanced episodes. A few of the shows I watch post two episodes every other week on the app. One that already aired, and one that hadn’t. I can’t find any info on this, so I don’t know if it’s a by station, by series or an app thing. But I like it!
To be honest I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about XFINITY™ TV Go app, and being an Xfinity customer I plan to continue using it.
Anytime that I have the chance to mix my love of television and movies with my love of technology, and it works, I’m happy.
How about you? Do you use an app to watch tv or movies on a mobile device? Have you ever tried the Xfinity TVGO app?
You can download it to your Apple, Android or even your Kindle device!
XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital TV service is required.
Yes, you can watch live TV on the app.
Availability of programming varies depending on level of service.
FTC Disclaimer: I received free services in exchange for my review. I was not asked or influenced to write a positive review. All opinions and photos used are honest and my own.