7 things on Sunday: ways to pass the time while home sick

Since I’ve been sick for the past three weeks with a pretty bad case of pneumonia, I thought I would list seven ways to pass the time while home sick.

roxy_snuggles_6657

1. Movies! Thank goodness we have the Xfinity X1 Platform with On Demand, it literally has thousands of movies to chose from.

2. Sleep. And lot’s of it.

3. Read. If you can! I started a book this week, but then the infection moved into my eyes. Making it hard for me to continue.

4. The internet. Thanks to email and Facebook, I still felt somewhat connected to the outside world while spending days upon days without leaving the house, or even my bed.

5. Planning. Laying in bed, not being able to work gave me some time to set a few goals. It also gave me time to plan a few steps in how to reach them.

6. Organize and clean out files. Just like house work without the physical strain, computer or even phone files need to be cleaned every now and then. If you’re like me it’s hard to find the time.

7. Snuggle. This is a favorite of mine. Our Basset Hound Roxy is a pro at snuggling. Our two cats aren’t too shabby either. When they want to that is.

How about you? Have something to add to my list? How do you pass the time while home sick?

Comments

Sorry to hear you’ve been sick 🙁 it’s great that you have on-demand movies to watch though!

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Thank you Liz. I’d probably lose my mind if I didn’t have on demand movies and tv shows to watch, and the X1 Platform has soooo many to chose from. I love it.

I hope you feel better soon, I’ve had pnemonia before, it knocks you down. What book are you reading? Cleaning out computer files and emails, I’m terrible at that, i literally have ten thousand emails to sort though in each email box. Uggg…

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Thank you Cynthia. I hear ya. Not sure how many files I cleaned out while laying in bed, but it was a lot.

3. I’m sorry you’ve been under the weather. Hope you feel better soon! Earlier this month, I got pretty sick and slept for 15+ hours. It was glorious!

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Thank you Courtney! 15 hours is a long time to sleep at once. Not sure I’ve ever done that.

4. I’ve been sick all weekend and it continued today! Love all your suggestions. #7 is my favorite. My dog Bailey is my favorite to snuggle with

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Hope you’re feeling better Amber. #7 is definitely my favorite.

5. I know when I’m sick, I pretty much do that whole list. Good idea to snuggle with your animals that won’t catch your cooties.

6. SLEEP and REST is the best thing to do when you are sick. Hopefully, you are feeling a lot better now.