My favorite TV series of 2014

true-detective-poster-540x390

As much as I love movies, most of you know that I have a serious TV addiction. Thank heavens my Xfinity X1 DVR has the ability to work over time! Below is a list of my favorite TV series of 2014.

10. Mike & Molly
09. Homeland
08. Two Broke Girls
07. The Good Wife
06. The Blacklist
05. The Bridge
04. Parenthood
03. Hell on Wheels
02. The Americans
01. True Detective

Honorable mentions. Some of these let me down, some I haven’t finished, but either way they were enjoyed at some level throughout 2014.

Gracepoint, Suits, Orange is The New Black, Rectify, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, The Leftovers, Trophy Wife, Chicago fire, Halt and Catch Fire, Grey’s Anatomy, and Tyrant.

R.I.P. True Blood

true-blood-end

I had a serious love/hate with this series. I feel in-love with the first season, and then didn’t care for the second. Picked it back up at the end of season three and fell pretty hard for it by the end of the fourth. I then watched it again from the beginning and enjoyed every single bloody episode until it ended.

Even though the last season was my least favorite, in my opinion it had one of the most beautiful and defining moments of the series. The whole Graveyard sequence with Sookie and Bill. It was everything the series was built on, love, sacrifice, passion, blood, with an underlining beauty.

true_blood_finale

2014 really stepped up the game for television. The writing, the acting and the quality has never been better. I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings!

What were you watching in 2014? Did I miss one of your favorites? Please, take a minute to leave any suggestion in the comments.

Comments

My favorite shows of 2014 are:
    NCIS
    NCIS Los Angelas
    Blue Bloods
    Game of Thrones I can not wait to see its new shows and I like True Detective! It is a very good show. But is Matthew not coming back, and being replaced?

2. Thank you Karen, I’ve never missed an episode of Blue Blood. We love that show.

3. Jordan says:

I became addicted to “Scandal”! It is such a great show!

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Jordan, I watched the first two seasons of Scandal last year and really liked it, but then it wore thin on me. I’ve been thinking of trying again. So many people LOVE it.

4. Been loving Blacklist more than ever. I also love Blue Bloods! I’m not big on reality TV but I love Shark Tank a lot.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

AJ, Yes, The Blacklist is soooo good. I also love Blue Bloods, like the Ragens are far off relatives of mine. Never miss that show.

5. Marti Tabora says:

Totally love True Detective, I think it’s great.

6. Yona Williams
    Twitter: pricelessteam

Good list of shows. My parents are in love with The Good Wife, whenever I see it with them…it has my attention. I happened to watch Parenthood by accident, and it looks like a show that I can really get into. I also saw The Americans by accident and I REALLY want to see the previous episodes. Intense! Iim a huge fan of Orange is the New Black and anxiously await the new season. I am so far behind in True Blood, I don’t know what season I left off at, but I really like that show and will probably rent the seasons from the library so that I can catch up. My TV show that I love is Scandal.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Yona, you’re not alone in loving Scandal that’s for sure. One of these days I might give that series another chance. I enjoyed the first season a lot.

I don’t watch cable but netflix/amazon prime everything. I love Call of the midwife and Downton Abbey. I’ve been meaning to check out Parenthood and Scandal.

8. I can’t say I’ve seen any of the shows on your top 10 list. True Blood was my favorite show of all time. Sad to see it go.

9. Christy
    Twitter: christy_herself

I am with you on American Detective. That was good TV! I would name more, but I need to do my own blog post like this… 😀

10. Kristen says:

I’ll have to check out some of these…I’ve heard from multiple people about Homeland & Orange In The New Black, so those are at the top of my list to try out.