Michigan made film, A GIRL LIKE HER opens in select theaters 3/27 #AGirlLikeHerMovie

Written and Directed by, Michigan Native: Amy S. Weber

A Girl Like Her Movie

Sophomore year has been a nightmare for Jessica Burns. Relentlessly harassed by her former friend Avery Keller, Jessica doesn’t know what she did to deserve the abuse from one of South Brookdale High’s most popular and beautiful students. But when a shocking event changes both of their lives, a documentary film crew, a hidden digital camera, and the attention of a reeling community begin to reveal the powerful truth about A Girl Like Her.

Connect with this film:
Official URL: AGirlLikeHerMovie.com
Facebook: /AGirlLikeHerMovie
Instagram: @AGirlLikeHerMov

agirllikeher_8767987731522054798_n

It’s heartbreaking to think of how many of our kids feel this way. As a mother of a teenager, this is one of my biggest fears. This film was made here in Michigan but the subject matter is definitely universal.

Comments

I thought when I grew up things were hard, things seem to be even harder with cyberbullying now such a big problem.

Sounds interesting – I like that this is a Michigan-made movie, also. I will have to check it out.

3. Shawn Ann
    Twitter: ShawnAnn

There’s been a good amount of movies coming out that were made in Michigan. Great for Michigan!

4. Rachel says:

Bullying is such a sad situation. It is often not taken serious at school.

5. That sounds like a great movie for my 12 year old to see. Thanks!

I was bullied relentlessly while growing up and nothing was done about it. This sounds like a good movie to see and find out how bullying is dealt with in this movie.

7. I can’t imagine being bullied and cyberbullied. As a parent I think what would I do if I found out my daughter was being bullied or what if she was the bully!? I don’t what would be worse to be honest.

8. nicole dziedzic says:

Awesome to see a Michigan made film, as I live in Michigan, and this is a great movie for teenagers! I think everyone can learn a lot from this movie.