Fun family memories with our Kayak Pool #PowerofThePool

Thinking back to my childhood there are some fun memories that really stand out. Having a Kayak pool in our yard is definitely one of them. Enjoyed by all of our friends and family, our house was the place to be.

powerofthepool_001_4

I don’t know how my sister and I didn’t grow gills, we swam so much. Our parents never had to worry about where we were, because we were always in our back yard. I have great memories of those years, memories of our entire family being in the pool. Laughing, swimming, and cooling off during the hot summer months. The above photos are of myself, my friend, my sister and her friends and my beautiful mom, enjoying our Kayak Pool.

A few of my favorite memories of having a Kayak Pool:

1. My grandpa and dad throwing sinkers into the pool for us to dive for.
2. Hosting barbeques. Delicious summer food, friends, family and a lot of laughs.
3. Floating on rafts and talking to my sister for hours at a time.
4. Night swimming. Once in a while we would stay and swim in the dark. For a kid, it’s real fun.
5. Competitions. Racing, holding our breath, finding sinkers, and trying to bounce each other off of a tire ring – all fun and games that include a lot of laughing.

I’m happy to see that Kayak Pools are still a Leading Pool Dealer. I would love to have one in our yard now. To give our girls the same great memories would be amazing.

kyak pool0001

Have you considered adding a pool to your property? Watch this short video of Kayak Pools Midwest Testimonials

Think a pool is out of your budget? Consider becoming a Demo Homesite! It’s a great opportunity to save while building fun memories. Visit the Kayak Pool Midwest website for all of the details.

Also be sure to follow Kayak Pools Midwest on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Comments

1. Robin W says:

I love looking at old family pictures! Thank you for sharing yours. We had a pool for a few years while I was growing up and you are right, it really does bring family and friends together. Going to the swim club to swim was never as much fun even though the pool as huge.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Robin, you’re right it’s not the same experience. Glad you’re enjoying the photos.

Wow this looks like such a fun pool to have in your own backyard! I’d love to make this addition to our house! My grandsons would make wonderful memories in it!

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Adding a pool is a sure way to becoming the coolest grandparent on the block! Lot’s of fun memories to be made. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

3. We didn’t have a pool when I was growing up, but my cousins and also our neighbors did. Great old photos, I especially like the one of your mom, she looks so happy.

4. Rachel says:

The families with pools are always the popular families. I’m sure you had lots of friends over all the time. What a fun experience for a child.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Rachel, you know that is true! Sometimes my friends would be waiting for me when I woke up in the morning.

5. crystal says:

I’m going to miss our pool when we move. I bet we will end up getting another. I love that it makes my girls want to go outside.

6. Dawn Monroe says:

I have always wanted a pool. I think it makes a great gathering place and the whole family can enjoy it. I think Kayake is a trusted name and makes it an affordable option.

7. Love it! Definitely takes me back 🙂 Some of my best memories growing up were with my family at the pool.

8. Love the old photos! Pools are so much fun.

Send this to friend