Save For Your Next Family Trip with a Few Easy Tips

fishing in michigan

Family vacations a great way to create lasting memories with your loved ones and strengthen or maintain strong bonds with one another. Unfortunately, you may not always have the funds to do such things. What if there was a way to save money on everyday expenses and put away funds for your next family vacation? Below are a few options to consider.

Seek Out Discounts

On purchases that you must make, such as Scottsdale auto insurance and health insurance, take the time to seek out good deals. Whether you have a plan in place or if you are looking for a new one, you should shop around to get a feel for the average price of plans that fit your needs. Consider different options that can help decrease your costs, including:

• Lowering your deductible
• Affiliation discounts
• Special service discounts
• Good driver discounts
• Loyalty discounts

Use Coupons

Coupons are one of the most overlooked ways to save money on common grocery and household items. If you do not receive coupons in the mail you can usually purchase the paper for a nominal fee and secure coupons that way. Many individuals do not like the process of sifting through the different deals and cutting out the ones they need, however the extent of possible savings make it worth considering.

Get Creative

There are a number of free activities that you can engage in around your local area. For example, if you are looking to go on a family outing, you can pack your own meals and enjoy a picnic at the park or the beach, rather than going to an expensive amusement park or ball game. If you want to visit the movies, trying going to the local dollar theater rather than an overpriced theater. You might be surprised at how much fun a trip to the library can be. These budget friendly options can still provide the family time that you desire without the ridiculous prices.

DIY More

Do it Yourself (DIY) projects have become increasingly popular over the last couple of years. As such, there are many resources available to help you to learn how to create, fix and refurbish different items around your house. This can not only be cost saving but can also serve as a fun activity for the whole family to get involved with. It can help add that personal family touch to different items and rooms around the house to give them more of a “home-y” feel.

Be Energy Smart

Being energy conscious is not only good for the environment, but can also be great for your pocketbook. There are a number of different energy saving practices that you can employ that will create tremendous savings on your energy bill. Some common ways include:

• Utilizing natural sunlight
• Turning off lights when not in use
• Washing clothes in cold water
• Utilizing fans rather than air conditioning in moderate heat

Though they may seem simple, these tips can help you save on common purchases. By employing these tactics you may be surprised at how much you save for your next family vacation. To learn more about these options, such as Scottsdale auto insurance or energy efficiency, do your research and contact your local providers.

Comments

1. Natalie says:

I pack my own meals on family outings all the time and always use coupons.

2. Margot C
    Twitter: AnnaZed

I tell you another important way to save money; make your own coffee! I never (and I mean never) go to Starbucks or any such place unless it’s dire (like I’m on the vacation that I saved up for!)

3. Robin W says:

So true! These are all just great tips! It has been I don’t remember how many years since I have been on a picnic in the park. We have a beautiful State Park within 30 minutes of my home.

4. Nicole Dziedzic says:

I know Groupon has deals for traveling and restaurants too, which can be awesome when dining. I like to also use Restaurant online. I really love your tip about finding activities locally for the family. Our town always has events that a free to attend.

5. shelly peterson says:

Thanks for sharing this great information. It would be wonderful to take a family vacation.

6. Margot C
    Twitter: AnnaZed

Another savings is driving just a little bit further to the free parking beach,

7. Maria Malaveci says:

These tips are great, thanks so much for them!

The Library is a great way to save on magazines and movies. I just checked out the new American Sniper movie, and Taken 3 for free. I read tons of magazines for free, and I always price match at Walmart and use coupons to save money. I am energy Smart and do what I can to save money on electricity. I also have my nephew help me with taking care of my lawn and he does it for free for me. My sister also helps me with my yard work, and she brought me some of her extra flowers, so I saved money on my yard this year!

9. bill norris
    Twitter: bnchile4444

some great tips

10. Rust says:

Excellent tips, all of them. We also try to find discount coupons to local attractions whenever we can.

11. Robin W says:

These are all great tips. Even just a little bit at a time can add up quicker than you think when it’s coming from multiple sources.

12. Margot C
    Twitter: AnnaZed

I always have a cooler with snacks in the car. We never buy drinks at a gas station.

13. Maria Malaveci says:

These tips are all very helpful!

These are great tips on saving for a Families next trip! I like washing clothes in cold water, and hanging them out to dry. This saves a lot of money on the electric bill. I also like using coupons at the grocery store. I can get a lot of food cheap!

15. bill norris
    Twitter: bnchile4444

fishing trips with the family are really good fun.

16. Natalie says:

I love all of these tips and use a lot of them!

17. Robin W says:

We went to the beach one year on the change we threw into an old plastic water bottle over the course of a year. It can be done.

18. Anita E says:

These are some great tips. I take my already read magazines to my local library so others can read them. I am not a master coupon lady but I do look for discounts and use my loyalty cards and AAA and other discounts when I can. In the colder months, I open the blinds to let the sun in to help warm the house, and in the warmer months I do the opposite. I am also so happy I have a ceiling fan in our main living room. I think that thinking about little ways we can conserve and utilize our own communities resources is important and can be fun and educational.

19. Nicole Dziedzic says:

Seeking out discounts is always a huge help, especially when using coupons, and i find i save more by going online to research traveling goodies.

20. shelly peterson says:

great tips.

21. Maria Malaveci says:

I am printing these off so that I don’t forget them for our next trip!

These are really great tips, and I like using coupons at Target and Walmart because I can get great deals and it really helps me save money. I also always save money on my electricity by turning off the lights and using my clothes line to dry my clothes!

23. Natalie says:

I love the tips to be energy smart!

24. Adella Gonzalez says:

Awesome tips! Thank you!

25. Rust says:

I do the couponing thing very well and put my savings towards outings.

26. Robin W says:

When I really try I am amazed at how much money I can save by clipping coupons. It can be a lot of work, but worth the money saved in the end.