If your family is like ours, the summer months are made for getting outside and enjoying the sunshine. Spending time at the beach, and for taking the kids to fun places like amusement parks. For us that means planning trips to Cedar Point, located in Sandusky, Ohio. Just a two hour car ride for us. We love it! In-fact I’ve been going to Cedar Point (the roller coaster capital of the world) since I was young girl. It’s always a great time.
New to us, was a recent stay at the newly re-styled and renovated Hotel Breakers, the hotel/beach resort located right inside Cedar Point. Just a quick and easy walk from the hotel lobby doors to a private park entrance. It was really nice.
We arrived early morning to make the most of our day in the park. Even though our room was not yet ready, the hotel employees couldn’t have been more accommodating. Happy to get us all registered, and to check-in our luggage, they even took my cell number and sent us a text just two hours later, saying our room was ready. It was just the right amount of time for my husband and I to ride the Top Thrill Dragster (a first for us both), and to walk the park for a while. We even stopped in at the new Sweet Spot. This adorable, and fun shop is a must when visiting the park.
A major perk to having older kids- our daughter and her friend stayed behind to explored the park, and ride the train while we walked back to complete our check-in and unpack. The room was beautiful. Very colorful, cheery and very clean. Modern, with plenty of room for our belongings, and plenty of plugs for charging. I love that they used actual Cedar Point photos as art work throughout the hotel. So much fun! Our fourth floor suite included a cute little balcony over looking the pool and beach. It was a very nice view.
Just as nice as our room, is the Hotel Breakers patio on the beach. A great place to unwind, kick back and enjoy the fresh air (and or a few drinks from the bar). A fun surprise, are the four large fire pits that are lit each night. Just a few steps away from the hot tub, and beach. Perfect for romance, or for being social.
They take maintenance seriously at Hotel Breakers. We found the entire property to be well care for, and very clean. The staff is constantly working to improve and insure a high level of comfort for each guest. It’s very impressive!
Our family (2 adults, 2 teens) experienced a great stay at Hotel Breakers. Honestly the only slightly negative comments I can report is we were not impressed with the food or prices at the Perkins restaurant located inside the hotel, but there are other options. Like T.G.I.Fridays and TOMO Hibachi Grill which we plan to try during our next visit. Already being such a big fan of the park, we can’t wait to go back.
12 Reasons to stay at Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point:
1. Super friendly and accommodating staff.
2. Easy and quick access to the park. As a hotel guest, you receive free parking, a discount on park tickets, and can also enter the park one hour early to ride the coasters.
3. Beautiful, and clean private beach.
4. Affordable drinks and snacks. We found prices to be considerably lower in the hotel compared to in the park.
5. Nice quality and comfortable rooms. Our beds and bedding were plush, and very clean.
6. Indoor and outdoor private pools. We love to swim.
7. Ice cream. There is small ice cream shop near the pool entrance. It’s a must while staying at the hotel.
8. Starbucks inside the hotel. That’s all I need say.
9. Outdoor wait staff. I didn’t use them, but I saw them delivering drinks by the hot tub. Nice!
10. Easy check-in and check-out. We had no wait for either, and they were busy.
11. Free WiFi and fitness room.
12. Breakers Boutique. Forgot something? No worries. This shop, located inside the hotel has all the essentials and a whole lot more.
1 Cedar Point Drive
Sandusky, OH 44871
Book online or call 419-627-2106
I was provided with free accommodations and park tickets as part of my on going relationship with Cedar Point. I was not asked to write a positive review. All photos used and opinions expressed are my own and honest. Cedar Point is honestly one of my family’s favorite places on earth. Visit www.cedarpoint.com for all the fun details of the roller coaster capital of the world!