Say it and see it. It’s that simple, the new XFINITY X1 Voice remote #XFINITYreviewer

I can admit that I have grown into one of “those” women. I typically ask my husband to install, and set things up for me. Especially when it comes to technology. When I came home with the new XFINITY X1 voice remote I was so excited to check it out, I didn’t want to wait. I pulled it out of the package and had it set up and working within minutes. It was surprisingly quick an easy. It now controls our cable box, DVR and television. Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy quick and easy technology?

xfinity speak remote

The XFINITY X1 Voice Remote let’s our family use voice commands to change channels, find shows, get recommendations and more. The voice remote even responds to popular phrases and movie quotes. This has been a lot of fun. I also enjoy searching by actor. Just say an actors name into the Voice remote and the actor’s biography shows up on our screen, with a list of where to find them. All of the actor’s movies and television appearances that are available to watch on our XFINITY X1 system. Including On demand.

Using the XFINITY X1 Voice Remote really is that simple. Just say it, and see it. The new remote does everything our original XFINITY remote does, just with the new added voice feature. See it in action below.

Have XFINITY X1? There is no monthly charge to use the new Voice remote. X1 customers can pick one up for free at their local Comcast location. Or order online with a small shipping and handling fee. Visit www.xfinity.com/voice-remote to learn more, and to order yours.

FTC Disclosure: I am an Xfinity Reviewer. I receive information and free service as part of this relationship. I’m not asked or influenced on what to share with my readers, or to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.

Comments

Did you speak “Benicio del Toro” first? 🙂

I started watching a new show, “Finding Carter,” and the remote has been very helpful for that.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Liz, you know I did. I can’t believe I forgot he was in The Fan. Good movie.

2. What a neat feature to have. I bet more cable companies are going to start updating their stuff to allow this.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

I agree. How great for anyone handicap! Technology just keeps getting better.

3. Looks handy! I also trust my husband (and kids, now) to deal with the technology stuff. It helps that I don’t really watch that much tv. LOL

4. I need to go exchange my boxes. You remind me every week and I still forget!

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Crystal, you are not alone! I’ve been driving around with one in my trunk for two months now. And, the worst part is, it’s super easy to drop them off at ANY UPS location. They do everything for you.

5. Dan says:

This seems really useful. The current XFINITY X1 interface is so slow and clunky (at least to me), so hopefully voice commands make things more efficient. I upgraded to the X1 system just a few months ago, so I’ll have to order this remote. (By the way, there’s a $5.95 shipping and handling charge, so I wouldn’t say there’s no charge.)

This is so neat! What great features and I love that it detects your voice!

7. Awesome feature indeed! A much better and convenient way to watch TV!

8. shelly peterson says:

I do not have cable but this I really a cool thing. I will have to let my Mom know about this. This would be very helpful for her.

9. Marti Tabora says:

This is really fantastic, I absolutely love it. When I see things like this I feel like I just have to have it.

10. Margot C
    Twitter: AnnaZed

Works out of the box! I’m there.

11. rochelle haynes says:

Love to have this looks nice

My Dad needs one of these awesome remotes because he is elderly and sometimes has problems changing the TV with a remote, heck I even do too. This would be great to just talk into the remote and have the channels change for me!