Trailer Park Tuesday, The Boy #TheBoyMovie

the-boy-poster_movie

The Boy is a frightening thrill ride directed by William Brent Bell (The Devil Inside) starring Lauren Cohan (“The Walking Dead”). Greta (Cohan) is a young American woman who takes a job as a nanny in a remote English village, only to discover that the family’s 8-year-old is a life-sized doll that the parents care for just like a real boy, as a way to cope with the death of their actual son 20 years prior. After violating a list of strict rules, a series of disturbing and inexplicable events bring Greta’s worst nightmare to life, leading her to believe that the doll is actually alive.

Studio: STX Entertainment
Cast: Lauren Cohan, Rupert Evans, Jim Norton, Diana Hardcastle, Ben Robson, James Russell
Director: William Brent Bell
Writer: Stacey Menear
Producers: Jim Wedaa, Roy Lee, Matt Berenson, Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi, Richard Wright

Stay up to date with this release and follow #TheBoyMovie on Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr

theboymovie_image2
In Theaters: January 22, 2016

Both of my daughters (ages 16 & 28) and I really enjoy scary movies. Though they are both much braver than I am. I often hind my face, and squirm during the “good parts”, so they say. It’s all so much fun! This movie looks really good. More on the spooky, scary side than gory. I like the fact that it is rated PG-13, some of my favorites are. The Boy also features a really good cast. I can’t wait to see what scary shenanigans this boy pulls off.

How about you? Will you be seeing The Boy while he haunts the big screen?

Comments

1. I don’t do scary movies very often. This one sounds like just the kind of movie my husband loves!

2. Scary movies are my favorite and I absolutely want to see this one!

3. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

Honestly, scary movies are not my thing, so I will be sitting this out. Otherwise I will have to sleep with the lights on for a week.

4. This movie wasn’t on my radar screen for upcoming things to see. Thanks for bringing it to my attention – I’ll keep an eye out for it.

So I love Lauren Cohan on Walking Dead … but that being said, I will be skipping this one, lol. Looks too freaky for me! I’ve seen some of the trailers already too.

6. I’m a self professed horror junkie. Cannot wait to see this one. If you want, here’s our list of the best horror films of 2015. Thanks for sharing the excellent trailer. http://goo.gl/uIMKy3

7. Rachel says:

This reminds me of Child’s Play with Chucky! I’m not into scary movies! This one is scary and creepy!

8. I saw the trailer for this movie before watching the last “Hunger Games” installment. I remember thinking it seemed creepy. I’m with Rachel on this one, reminds me of Chucky, so I think I’ll pass.

9. I never really like scary movies, but I have been starting to kind of get into them. I will have to check this out!

10. I’m not a fan of scary movies but I think you’ve done a good thing by pointing this out to individuals who love that genre of movies.

11. I used to be able to do scary movies and loved them, but for some reason after having kids I can’t do them! LOL! I saw the commercial for this one and there is NO way that I could sit through it! haha!!

12. Ooh this looks like a scary one. My daughter is going to be all over this. She’ll definitely be going to the theaters to see it!

13. I do love watching scary movies like this, can’t wait to see this movie on big screen.

14. This sounds scary!

15. Elizabeth O. says:

I’m not so good with watching horror flicks because my imagination runs wild and well, I won’t be over it for weeks, lol. This is pretty interesting though!

16. Ok, just reading the first paragraph scared the poop out of me! Looks like a great movie for those that love scary movies!

17. I can’t watch scary movies. I know I would be up all night with nightmares, lol.

18. This sounds like a really scary movie. I’m a fan of horror movies. I would love to watch this.

19. Rosey says:

I’m a big chicken. My older kids are not, so everyone in the house laughs at me. 😉

20. I absolutely love scary movies! This sounds pretty good and creepy!

This sounds like a very scary movie with a lot of intrigue. I think it would be a good movie to scare the pants off of me. But I am interested in the sound of this movie.

22. June S. says:

(Trailer Park Tuesday, The Boy #TheBoyMovie) Now this sure sounds like a good scary movie that I would enjoy seeing. I love watching the spooky ones when they are done right.

23. I’m like you, often hiding and can’t look! I won’t see gory movies, but this sounds fun – scary fun! It makes me wonder if ppl have ever really done this to any extent with a doll.

24. Hannah C says:

I was looking forward to seeing this one but it wasn’t in theatres very long. I will watch it when it’s available to rent. I love horror films!