Affordable DIY 4-ingredient Tangerine Sugar Scrub

This is a basic four ingredient, affordable sugar scrub that is great on your hands and feet. There really isn’t a better natural exfoliate than sugar (white or brown). A natural scrub does not have to be expensive. In-fact I’ve paid good money in the past and ended up with a salt base scrub that felt nice while I used it, but the effects actual tore and dried out my skin. Never again!

scrub_16_001

Ingredients :
3 tbs Pure coconut oil
1/2 cup White sugar
1/2 cup Honey (I prefer dark, raw honey, but any honey will do)
1 drop Natural Tangerine oil

Recipe:
Mix coconut oil and honey until well blended. Add sugar. Mix well. Add oil.

To use:
Apply mixture to clean wet skin and massage in a circular motion to ensure you’re removing dead skin. Soak feet for twenty minutes before using to treat extreme dryness. Rinse clean with warm water and press skin with a warm washcloth.

scrub_16sugar_776_005

We keep a jar of this scrub on our bathroom sink for daily use on our hands. It’s very impressive. It’s been called a “game changer” by our guests, and they always ask me where I bought it. It’s just a simple way to add a little pampering into our busy schedule.

scrub_16_003

Have you ever made your own scrub? If you have a recipe, please share. I love trying new things.

Comments

1. Hannah C says:

I have never made my own scrub before. I would love to make one sometime, I’ll have to try this recipe! It looks amazing.

2. rochelle haynes says:

Love to try this looks easy to make

Tangerine oil sounds amazing and I think this is a really great at home Scrub to use. Especially since my skin is dry over the Winter. I bet the coconut oil really helps dry skin. I would love to make this!

That sounds like a nice and easy way to pamper yourself!

5. We love making our own scrubs. I never thought to add honey. I bet it makes the consistency better.

6. Oh my gosh, you don’t even know how much I need this scrub right now! Winter killed my skin! I have a different oil I could use–I have everything else on hand! I think the calming oil would be great! Thanks for the scrub “recipe”!

7. Sounds like something you could use any scent you like with. Thanks for the recipe 🙂

8. Nami U says:

This looks/sounds amazing, I’d love to give it a shot!!!!

9. Amy Orvin says:

Sugar scrubs in the store are so expensive. I love knowing I can make it at home. This is an awesome recipe! Thanks!

10. shelly peterson says:

This would be great to make and use. I bet it smells sooo good!

11. I’ve always wanted to try one of these, but I never felt like buying one. This is perfect!