Our Eddie The Eagle Movie Night #EddieInsiders #EddieBingo #FHEInsiders

Eddie the Eagle is a feel-good story about Michael “Eddie” Edwards (Taron Egerton), an unlikely but courageous British ski-jumper who never stopped believing in himself – even as an entire nation was counting him out. With the help of a rebellious and charismatic coach (played by Hugh Jackman), Eddie takes on the establishment and wins the hearts of sports fans around the world by making an improbable and historic showing at the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics.

EddieTheEagle_1080x680_3

We recently watched Eddie The Eagle during a fun family movie night with our teenage daughter, and our nephew. We enjoyed pizza, board games and then a round of Eddie Bingo while we watched the movie. To say these teenagers had a good-time while being competitive would be an understatement. Watching the movie was great, but watching them was half the fun of the evening. In-fact we haven’t laughed that much in a long time.

IMG_20160617_195256

Being a Fox Home Entertainment Insider I received a box of Eddie The Eagle goodies to enjoy with my family. A few ceramic Eddie The Eagle sweater mugs, hot cocoa, Eddie The Eagle movie themed bingo sheets, and chocolate nuggets to use as bingo markers. Also in our box was two t-shirts meant for us parents, that said I’m ___Mum and I’m __ Dad, along with iron-on letters to customize them. Though our teens insisted on wearing the shirts, and wearing them as is, only switched. Our nephew wore the I’m Mum shirt, and our daughter wore the I’m Dad shirt. They are so funny.

We played Eddie The Eagle Bingo, placing chocolate nuggets on our sheets as we saw the images in the movie. I suggested that the teens might not really be interested in playing bingo, boy was I wrong. “Oh, we’re going to play bingo” said our nephew, and then i heard “I’m so going to win this!” from our daughter.

IMG_20160619_205902

Just because the weather has been in the high 80’s doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a little hot cocoa! Yum!

IMG_20160619_210142

Winner takes home the Gold! This was so much fun. Of-course she won. She called it.

IMG_20160619_210506

We really enjoyed our family movie night. Other than when I snapped a few photos for this blog post, it was nice to set aside the smartphones and really be in the moment. It reminded me of when I was a teen and how we spent our time actually talking, playing games and laughing. The 80’s were definitely a simpler time.

Relive the good ole days and introduce your family to the 80’s with Eddie the Eagle. Available now on Digital HD. DVD and Blu-ray.

eddie9876_7119753387252873149_o

Our thoughts on the movie:

First I feel I should mention this movie is rated PG13, and it earns it. I was a bit surprised at the language in a few scenes, not because it was offensive but I just wasn’t expecting it. Thank goodness our movie night with the teens, whom both hear and probably say a lot worse daily. In a nut shell, Eddie the Eagle is a very enjoyable sports film with great performances. Taron Egerton really shines in the title role. Hugh Jackman is also very good as his coach. Though not a perfect movie, it does follow some typical cliches, over-all it is very good. I really enjoyed the movie all the way through, I even found myself getting pretty emotional at the end. If you are looking for a positive, entertaining sports film Eddie The Eagle is one for you. It is also filled with all kinds of fun 80’s nostalgia.

EddieTheEagle_Still_2048x1536

FTC Disclosure: I am a Fox Home Entertainment Insider. I receive free products and other benefits as part of this partnership. All opinions expressed are still honest and my own. This post contains no affiliate links.

Comments

This is such an inspiring movie that I enjoyed watching and a good family movie. I sure loved the actors in this movie. A good one to own on DVD.

2. When I saw the previews for this movie, I knew I wanted to see it. I love a good feel-good movie and who doesn’t love Hugh Jackman?

3. Thanks for the language warning. I want to watch this movie but it’s always great to know what to expect. It seems like a good movie, and very inspiring.

4. I haven’t seen the trailer but your review is very appealing. Apart from being a Hugh Jackman fan (my mom loves him!), I would love to see this movie – I think we can all use some positive and entertaining movie during this time.

5. Marti Tabora says:

This seems like a really good movie to be inspired by. Thank you for sharing it with us.

6. My son has wanted to see this movie since he originally saw the trailer for it. I crank the A/C so high sometimes my kids want hot chocolate to warm up.

7. Lisa Jones says:

Sounds Like You All Had A Great Movie Night I Must Take The Kids To See!!li

8. What a fun time! I thought the trailer looked great. It seemed to have a good mix of comedy and drama.

9. This sounds like a fabulous movie. We love enjoying Family movie night at our house. I would totally love to check out this movie with my family. It sounds so entertaining.

10. Looks like you had a great movie night watching this film! Glad you were able to see it.

11. I so want to see this movie, I have seen the trailer so many times. Glad you guys were able to watch it!

12. Jeanine says:

This sounds great. I haven’t heard of it before this, I bet it will be a must see! I will have to see if I can check it out. Sounds entertaining!

13. I hadn’t heard of this movie, previous to `today, but it definitely sounds like a great film for the whole family to enjoy.

14. Looks like y’all had a great family fun night. Eddie the Eagle would be a great family movie. I have heard it has quite the inspiring message.

15. I haven’t heard of this movie before, however it seems like something I should watch!

16. I’ve been eyeing this movie at the library, but haven’t checked it out yet. Sounds like one I’d like, though…so next time I’ll grab it!

17. We haven’t seen this movie yet but it sounds inspiring! Also, I’m a huge Hugh Jackman fan!

18. I actually haven’t seen this movie yet but I can tell it’s going to be a great one! Plus, I really love Hugh Jackman so I’m sure I will enjoy it either way. It looks like you had a great family movie night!

19. Rebecca Swenor says:

This sounds like an awesome movie night and a great Eddie the Eagle box you received. I would love to see this movie with my family and so love the message it shows in the movie. Thanks for sharing your review and the box.

20. I love having quality time with my family. This post is absolutely refreshing. I have never seen this movie but will check it out. Thank you for this. xx

21. Bonnie @wemake7 says:

This sounds like it would be a movie I would love to watch. Glad you had a great movie night.

22. My hubby really wants to see this movie! He loves stories like this and I think I might pick this one up next time I’m at the store for him! I

23. We wanted to see this when it was in the theater but never made it there. I totally forgot about it! Thank you for the reminder and I cannot wait to pick up a copy for my husband and I to watch and enjoy for a date night in! Looks like such a good film!

24. I don’t know how, but I haven’t heard of this movie. It looks like something my family would really enjoy watching. Family Movie Nights in are my favorite! My family can drink hot cocoa no matter the weather, too!

25. This is a great movie, it was very inspirational. Family movie night is always fun time to get together, chat and watch films together.

26. Rosie says:

This is my kind of movie. I haven’t seen it yet, but I love movies based on true stories, this is a good one for sure, and especially for family time together. I must do this!

I haven’t seen this movie yet but would love to! Sounds very inspirational!

28. I’ve never heard of this movie, but I love the Olympics and Hugh Jackman.