Boo It Forward This Halloween with Ghostbusters & Walmart #BooItForward #ad

I love this time of year. I love the fall colors, cooler weather, bonfires, and all the spooky Halloween fun that October brings. From witches, black cats to ghosts and goblins, I’m all in. Of-course October is also the best time to ask yourself and your friends “who ya gonna call?”.. because Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Extended Edition are now available on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital. The extended edition contains more than 15 minutes of never-before-seen footage and more than three hours of bonus features, including deleted scenes and hilarious gag reels.

I’ve been booed!
In celebration of Halloween and this fun home release, Sony Pictures has teamed up with Walmart to to create Ghostbusters themed “Boo It Forward” kits.

The tradition of “Booing your Neighbor” has been around for several years now and it has really grown in popularity as a fun, safe, family-oriented activity. It’s also known as “Ghosting” or “Boo-gramming.” It has been a hit with mommy bloggers and their families. They would put together a home decorated bag of treats including a note with instructions on how to “boo” and a poem and deliver it anonymously to their neighbor, friend or relative. The recipient would then have 48 hours to do it to their next door neighbor or friend which creates a chain throughout the neighborhood.

Our teenager is really excited to Boo It Forward to one of her friends this year. She’s hoping it will keep going through our neighborhood and maybe even come full circle and back to her. Sure sounds like fun!

Visit the official Walmart Boo It Forward webpage to choose your bucket, fill it, and even download free printable cards. Don’t forget to add a copy of Ghostbusters to your cart.

ghostbusters_image_2016_blu37

So my question is not just “Who Ya Gonna call?” but “Who Ya Gonna Boo?”

FTC Disclosure: Free products were received for the purpose of this blog post. All opinions expressed are still honest and my own. This blog post contains no affiliate links.

Comments

1. Rebecca Swenor says:

I have to admit I have not yet seen the new GhostBusters Answer The Call but I can’t wait to see it. This is one movie I am going to be buying for sure. Thanks for sharing this awesome video and movie.

2. I have not seen the new Ghostbusters movie! I can’t wait to see this movie, it sounds like a good one!

3. Ha ha, we just watched the new ghostbusters last night. It was pretty funny. Nothing like the original, will always love the original more, but I loved all the cameo appearance and I love the SNL crew.

4. Haha that’s a fun idea!
    And it reminds me, i’ve still not seen the new film. Halloween seems the perfect excuse to catch up!

5. I have not seen the new Ghostbusters movie! I can’t wait to see it, it sounds like a great movie!

6. I honestly never really into Ghostbusters, but I’m making it my goal to watch this one. Especially since some of my favorite SNL cast members are in it. 🙂

7. I hadn’t heard of “booing” before, what a fun idea. And I absolutely LOVED the new Ghostbusters, can’t wait to pick up my own copy!

8. Jeanine says:

I don’t remember the first Ghostbusters but I am looking forward to checking this one out. I love Melissa McCarthy so I’m sure it will be great!

9. Rachel says:

When we first moved into our neighborhood, we were booed. It was so much fun! I should start it up again. Thanks for the idea and the Walmart link.

I’ve not heard of Booing it Forward, but anything involving Halloween or Ghostbusters is usually fun 🙂 neat idea.

11. Garf
    Twitter: g_kohls

I am a scaredy cat so this kind of movie is not a thing for me. However, it sounds like a great movie to watch.

12. krystal says:

Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies and the remake was still pretty funny! Love the idea to BOO someone! Very fun idea!

13. CourtneyLynne says:

Omg how cute is this boo kit?!?! I have yet to see the ghost busters film but keep hearing about how awesome it is!

14. How Fun! I remember (my son was really little) the first Ghostbusters’ movie! If was so much fun – and I anticipate seeing this one will be a blast also – love the Walmart goodies 🙂

15. Bonnie @wemake7 says:

We have yet to see this movie yet, I didn’t realize it was out already. Can’t wait to purchase it.

16. I really love all the actors in this movie. I will be picking up the movie soon. I can’t wait to see it.

17. I can’t wait to rent this. I tried to talk my ten-year-old into watching it. She said she doesn’t like ghosts, lol.

18. Wow, sounds like a fun idea! I didn’t get the chance to watch Ghostbusters in the theatre so it’s good to know it’s now available in the stores.

19. As a die-hard original Ghost Busters, I was skeptical. However, it was much better than I thought it’d be. I shouldn’t have been surprised since I love everyone in it

20. I can’t believe it’s already on DVD! I think it’s amazing that they picked an all-female cast except for Chris Hemsworth, of course. Because it helps inspire a lot of young girls, my daughter included.

21. What a great way to celebrate Halloween. I definitely think I need to “boo” our neighbors. Their little one would love it.

22. A fun way to celebrate Halloween… I haven’t watched the Blockbuster movie.. sounds fun

23. I still haven’t seen this yet. We are on the list for it at thelibrary, but it is a LONG list

24. Sohair says:

I watched the movie and I liked it a lot and liked seeing all the old actors from the original one