Celebrate The Season With A Movie Night, #AngelsSing on DVD

I celebrated the holiday by putting together a nice evening with friends. We enjoyed dinner, drinks and spent time talking about the holiday season and what it means to each of us. We also enjoyed watching the holiday movie Angels Sings.

angelssing_movie_oo256

Of course topping my list of meanings is my family. Photoed below are my husband and two granddaughters (2015). With them, I am so very blessed, for me, my family is by far the best gift of all. We have a great life, and I cherish them year round. They really are my angels.

angelssing_post-e1451757546509

My family is amazing, though, spending time with friends can also be a real gift, and I hope to do a lot more of it in 2017. You can see more photos from our Angels Sing movie night on my Instagram stream. We did enjoy some yummy and festive treats!

About the movie:
As a child, Michael Walker wished every day could be Christmas. That is, until a tragic accident crushed his holiday spirit. Thirty years later, Michael still can’t muster any joy for the holidays, despite encouragement from his playful wife and well-intentioned parents. But when his young son faces a tragedy, Michael needs to make amends with his past. A mysterious man named Nick gives Michael a gift and instills in him the courage to find the joy that he lost.
Directed by Tim McCanlies, and stars Harry Connick, Jr., Connie Britton, Chandler Canterbury, Fionnula Flanagan, Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson.

Being a longtime fan of check-flick, cheesy holiday movies it’s no surprise that I really enjoyed this one. Though it does have a “music video” feel to it throughout. The cast is fun, and has great chemistry. Honestly, is Harry Connick, Jr ever not likable? This movie is not going to win any Oscars, but if you’re like me and enjoy all kinds of movies, this is a good one to celebrate the season and watch at home.

Angels Sing is available now for purchase on DVD!

angelssing_movie-tree_63908

Free product was received for the purpose of this blog post. All photos used and opinions expressed are honest and my own.

Comments

I got that DVD a while back but didn’t have time to watch it, it looked good though.

2. I remember Connie Britton from SPIN CITY with Michael J Fox — her career has really taken off since that sitcom. My favorite role she’s done probably has been the Friday Night Lights tv show.

3. This movie sounds familiar, but I can’t remember it. Well it looks like a fun family movie for all.
    Plus I like Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson.

4. Sounds like a good warm-fuzzies movie 🙂 Thanks for sharing! I’m living vicariously through everyone else’s holiday parties this year.

5. What a great cast! I love Connie Britton and Harry Connick, Jr. Sounds like the makings of a wonderful evening!

6. Harry Connick Jr? I’m in. I see Lyle Lovett works on the film? I haven’t heard from him in a long time. I miss his voice.

7. rochelle haynes says:

Looks like a good movie

8. Robin masshole mommy says:

We do a lot of family movie nights. This sounds like a great movie for our next one.

9. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this movie. I thought I had seen every Christmas movie out there. I’ll have to check it out because I love all the actors that star in this one.

10. I haven’t seen this movie yet. I believe it would be perfect to add to our collection of Christmas movies. The kids may all be grown ups now, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a family movie night together. 🙂

11. I love Harry Connick Jr. I will have to check this one out. I am always up for a feel good family Christmas movie.

12. There is nothing better than a Christmas movie on a cold night! I have never heard of this film so will keep an eye out for it.

13. This time of the year we are having a lot of movie nights. My kids are having one right now and they are so cute.

14. I love Harry Connick Jr! I haven’t seen this movie yet, but it sounds pretty good. Thanks for sharing!

15. I love Harry Connick, Jr. This looks like a movie I need to check out! Christmas movies are always fun to watch!

16. I have always enjoyed holiday movies with a message. This seems like the type of Christmas movie I would love to watch.

17. I have never heard of this movie before. Sounds like a great one to enjoy with the whole family during this holiday season. Thanks for the recommendation!

18. I haven’t seen this movie yet but it looks really good!! Great post!!

19. I haven’t seen this movie yet and looks so good. I am going to check it out because I am in the need for some Christmas movie time.

20. I’ve never heard of this movie, will have to look it up and see if we can find it on netflix! We haven’t watched any christmas movies yet this year!

21. Bonnie @wemake7 says:

I love watching Christmas movies and haven’t seen this one yet. I will have to check it out.

22. I love movie night to death and try to watch a movie every night (I live alone so that’s pretty easy, lol). I’ll have to pick up Angels Sing and watch it over the holidays.

23. This movie was so cute! It’s definitely the perfect Christmas movie. I loved it – we love watching as many Christmas movies as possible! It’s so fun!

24. Garf
    Twitter: g_kohls

I have yet to watch this movie. My hubby and I have been watching a lot of movies lately, mostly Star Wars.

I would love to see this movie! Looks like a great one!