7 Things on Sunday

Seven things I’ve done over the past seven days.

28927

1.Signed with a contractor for a new roof, and to rework our garage. Both have been a long time coming.
2.Turned 47. Hard to believe I am so close to 50. Seems like I was 27 just a blink ago.
3.Enjoyed an overnight visit with our granddaughters. They are so much fun.
4.Spent a night awake overthinking things until 3 am.
5.Slowed down on blogging for a while to focus on offline issues. Hoping to be back full-time next week.
6.Unpacked a box from our attic that was filled with our daughter’s schools pictures. Talk about a trip down memory lane.
7.Watched the first 3 episodes of Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale. I found it very well made, uncomfortable, and horrifying. I, of course, can’t wait to see what happens next.

How was your week? Have any exciting news? Are you watching Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale?
Feel free to share in the comments.

Comments

1. robin rue says:

Happy belated birthday! I hate those nights when I lay there and all I can do is think. They are the worst.

Glad you are liking The Handmaid’s Tale, I really like it so far though I agree with your thoughts on it. I rewatched episode 1 with my boyfriend last night too, to try and get him hooked on the series, and he liked it as well.

3. I’ve been wanting to see The Handmaid’s Tale. I might have to get Hulu just so I can watch it.

Happy belated birthday!

4. Happy Belated Birthday! Seems I went from 27-50+ in a blink of an eye. My attic needs to be spring-cleaned. All of my children’s stuff from their childhood is up there.

5. I just turned 57 yesterday so guess I am that much closer to 60. Oh well it happens to the best of us. I want to see the Handmaids. tale the previews look really great.

6. Sounds like you had a great week. I can’t believe that I am the age I am either. It seems like it goes faster than it should. No exciting news here except for the fact that my house is basically clean again. I had surgery not too long ago in my house became quite a mess.

7. I am really looking forward to bingeing The Handmaid’s Tale! I turned 47 too 🙂 It’s a good age so far. No different thatn 46 so far lol.

8. Jaime NIcole says:

I cannot WAIT to see Handmaid’s Tale. I want to read the book first – glad you had a good week!

9. Claudia Krusch says:

I hope you had an amazing birthday. It sounds like you had a great week. I hope you have a fantastic May.

10. This is a fun post concept. I would love to keep a log like this of unique things Ive done over the last several days. It’s a great way to document stuff.

11. Bonnie (@wemake7blog) says:

Some of these thing I have been doing myself as well. I will have to check out that show.

12. I can’t wait to watch The Handmaiden’s Tale!! I need all the episodes to be out first before I start though…

13. My Teen Guide says:

If you feel old at 47, then call me ancient and my stuff artifacts. LOL. It is just weird how time goes by so quick as you age. Oh well, I always say I am NOT old, I am experienced! Have a great rest of the week!

14. I have heard such great things about The Handmaid’s Tale. I am definitely going to have to check it out when I get the opportunity.

15. Never heard of it, so will check it out one day

16. On Sunday’s I enjoy Into the Badlands. It is a sweet Kung Fu show on AMC.

17. Happy belated birthday – I hear you. As that big 50 looms in the future (in my 40s too), it seems like time has just moved so quickly!

18. Im glad you had a wonderful week. 47 from 27 seems like so much space but I am sure you feel 16 in your heart. Its all about how you feel!

I miss your 7 things on sundays posts! Always found it fun to see what you’ve been up to and if we had done similiar things during our week.

20. Jenn
    Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Thank you Cynthia, I hope to get back to my regular blogging scedule soon.

21. We’re loving the Handmaid’s Tale too, but I’m only allowed to watch it with hubby, and he’s pretty busy with his hobbies.

22. Rosie says:

Your week was way more eventful than mine. I hope you had a nice birthday, and things are going good with the renovation!

23. Kamla L. says:

I read Atwood’s novel when it was first published. Looking forward to marathoning the series.