Ready, Set, Binge, During Xfinity Watchathon Week 4/3-4/9

Are you a binge watcher? I am! In-fact I’ll admit to being the queen of “just one more episode”. When I fall into a series I want to keep going, not wait a week to see what happens next. If you can relate than you need to start clearing your calendar for this year’s Xfinity Watchathon Week 4/3 – 4/9.

xfinity-watchathon

I have referred to this week as a tv watchers world series event. This year Netflix makes the big leagues, as it joins more than 50 networks for the fifth annual Xfinity Watchathon Week. Hello Grace & Frankie, and House Cards!

With literally hundreds of popular series available, below are my three tips on making the most of this year’s watchathon.

1. Make a list. I actually make two lists, one of series I want to catch up on (Chicago Fire, American Housewife), and one list of series that I’ve been wanting to check out (The Blacklist: Redemption, Designated Survivor) but haven’t had the time.

2. Plan on some me time. With how busy most of us are from day to day, it’s not a crime to slow it down and carve out some time for yourself. The Watchathon comes around only once a year. If other’s can make time for a week of sports, we should be able to fit in some evening bindge watching.

3. Stock the kitchen. I shopped ahead for everything I need to whip up a few easy dinners for my family, and even some of my favorite snacks. Because some shows just require snacks and cold drinks.

Join the party on Twitter (using the #Watchathon hashtag). Follow Xfinity at @Xfinity, and Comcast at @Comcast. Also be sure to follow Five Dollar Shake at @5_dollarshake, and tweet me what you’re watching. I’d love to know.

“The focus of Xfinity Watchathon Week is to provide complete, unlimited access to the best programming and give our customers the ability to sample, binge and explore everything our content partners have to offer” – Andy Hunter, Vice President, Programming, Comcast Cable.

Network’s participating in this year’s Watchathon Week include: A&E, ABC, AMC, Animal Planet, BBCA, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CBS Broadcast, CMT, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Crackle, The CW, Discovery, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, E!, ESPN, Food Network, FOX, FreeForm, FX, FXX, FYI, GSN, HGTV, HISTORY, ID, IFC, Lifetime, Logo, MLB Network, MTV, National Geographic, NBC, OWN, Oxygen, PBS, Science, Showtime, Spike, Sprout, STARZ, Syfy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Tru TV, TV Land, USA, VH1, Viceland, We TV and WGNA.

X1 customers who are not currently Netflix subscribers will enjoy unlimited access to the Netflix online catalog throughout Watchathon Week and will have the ability to sign up on April 10. For more information on Watchathon Week, visit xfinity.com/watchathon. Content availability will vary across Xfinity On Demand platforms (TV, Xfinity.com/Stream and the Xfinity Stream app), and in virtually all cases can be viewed regardless of which video subscription tier the customer is subscribed to.

Are you a tv binge watcher? Have Comcast? What will you be watching this week?

Comments

1. I will have to check this out, I’m a huge Netflix fan. I’ve never thought about making a list but I’ll try that or even 2 lists.

2. I have never heard of this before! I have found so many great movies through Netflix, coming up with a list must not be an easy task!

3. I’ll have to check this out. I can’t believe it is already the fifth anniversary of the Xfinity Watchathon and I haven’t even took advantage of it. This year, I am NOT going to miss this anymore. Thank you for reminding me. I’ve got to get in loads of me time to do this!

4. This is a new thing for me! I am all about binge-watching shows so this would be right up my alley.

5. Kelly Reci says:

gonna check it out! looks like a very nice list to watch!

6. robin Rue says:

I don’t know what we did before Netflix. I am always staying up way past my bedtime to squeeze in one more episode….

7. Julie Syl says:

This is my first time to heard about Watchaton, it sounds like amazing. I will check it out and try it.

8. If your going to have a watchathon the kitchen needs to be stocked and everything prepared as much ahead of time as possible. Enjoy your tv binge.

9. I certainly do a bit of binge watching on Netflix myself. I will probably have a day or two coming up when my daughter is on vacation that we will do a bit of it. Will keep this in mind.

10. I am always reluctant to start a new series that is completely available. I will binge it no doubt if it’s a good one.

11. This sounds amazing! I will have to join in and follow on twitter! I love to binge watch on Netflix. I definitely could use some time away just to hang all day and watch TV.

12. This sounds amazing! I love to binge watch on Netflix! I will have to follow along on Twitter too. I definitely need a day just to hand out and watch TV.

13. Watchathon sounds pretty cool and it looks like there’s a bunch of great shows on it!

14. Ana John says:

This is something new for me.

15. I need to catch up on a few of my favorite series. I guess it is time to veg out on the couch with Netflix. Hey, watchathon my be celebrated.

16. Pam Wattenbarger says:

I definitely am guilty of binge-watching TV! I can get down with celebrating Watchathon with X1!

17. I’ve never heard of this watchathon! I do love to binge watch my shows though, so this is great.

18. I had no idea there was a binge watching week like this. This is such a great idea. I can’t remember how we survived without Netflix. It makes life so easy and convenient.

19. Lindsay Bozek says:

I am a total binge watcher. At any given time I have at least two shows on my list to watch. Its my “me” time!

20. How odd. I’ve never heard of the Xfinity watchathon before, but my parents have xfinity. Unfortunately, I don’t have comcast where I live!

21. Debra Hawkins says:

This all sounds absolutely amazing! I am going to check out the list. We have xfinity for sure in this house!

22. Cool! I will take advantage of this, although I know it would be difficult to come up with a list. I have a lot of shows I want to watch, problem is, I don’t have the luxury of time.

23. I keep watching series too every time I have free schedule. Well, I guess I need to check this and take advantage of the current promotions.

24. We do not have this option where we live, but I’ve heard it’s awesome. I would totally have a binge-a-thon with all those channels.

25. I was not aware of Watchathon, but I like the ideas of it! Sometimes you just have to have a lazy day and watch some good TV.

26. I absolutely love Netflix and like to be home watching TV on weekends. Need to check this out!

27. Jaime Nicole says:

This sounds like a really cool service! We don’t have cable – just Netflix and Hulu so I will have to check this one out as well!