7 Things on Sunday

Seven things I’ve done over the past seven days.
handmaidstale_hulu_1

1.Started buying decorations for our daughter’s graduation party next month.
Thanks to Orientaltrading.com, for making their website a one stop shop.

2.Cleaned out our pantry and laundry room. Bagged six large bags of trash.
Some to donate, some to pitch. It feels good to clean and purge.

3.Went clothes shopping for myself.
Something I just don’t do very often.

4.Finished watching A Handmaids Tale on Hulu.
Great series, disturbing has heck, but very well done. I am praying for a season two to help make up for that ending.

5.Missed our daughter and our dogs while they were gone camping.
They were gone four days. It was what she wanted for her 18th birthday.

6.Enjoyed dinner and drinks with a good friend.
I need more of this in my life!

7.Tried a new recipe and loved it.
Sausage and peppers in the slow cooker. It was easy,and so good.

Not a bad week. How was yours? I’d love to hear about it the comments.

Comments

1. I really need to watch A Handmaid’s Tale. I feel like I’m going to be disappointed though, since I waited so long and it’s been all hyped up now.

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

I really liked it, but didn’t LOVE it like some of my FB friends did. You definitely should watch it.

Handmaid’s Tale is FANTASTIC. I can’t wait for season 2. I just finished rereading the book, as well – have you read it?

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

I didn’t not read the book, so I have no idea what happens next. I hope we don’t have to wait too ling for a season two.

3. shelly peterson says:

Sounds like you had a busy and fun week. Mine wasn’t too busy but did have some fun, spent time at the pool with the grand kids, went bowling and out to a family fun center for games and pizza and to my grandsons baseball game

• Jenn
      Twitter: 5_dollarshake

Shelly, I am pretty envious, I would love to spend some time at the pool with my grand kids. Sounds like you had a great week.

It’s been a busy 7 days for you! I need to try some new recipes soon, too.

5. vickie couturier says:

when my kids were little ,I shopped from here all the time for parties

6. Rosie says:

You had an eventful week! Mine was pretty uneventful, but at least nothing bad happened!

7. I’ve never heard of Handmaids Tale! I’ll have to search for a trailer to see if it would be something I would like. Our daughter and nephew will graduate from college and high school, respectively, next May and June, so Oriental Trading could be a stop online for us and our brother and sister-in-law for their party.

8. You had a far more eventful week than I did! Most of mine was spent working, then binging on old TV shows. I am currently binging through Fringe. I didn’t know they did a series of The Handmaid’s Tale! I watched the movie a long time ago. I’ll have to check it out!

9. We finished Handmaid’s Tale this weekend too. Super disturbing!!! But sooo good.

10. lisa says:

Look like you had a busy week. A Handmaids Tale blew my mind, it was a good movie and I sure hope they bring it back. But, I tell you this, women of today wouldn’t take living like that!! That recipe sounds interesting, I love finding new meals to cook in my slower cooker

11. I like ordering from Oriental Trading. I have ordered from there for a few of my kids’ birthday parties. Our church orders from them for VBS. They have a lot of inexpensive kids’ craft products that are perfect when planning crafts and such for a large group of kids.

12. Ali Rost says:

I remember when my daughter was older and began spending longer stents away from home. A part of me missed her terribly, while the other part was excited to have time to do a few things just for myself (like clothes shopping). I hear you too on the cleaning. I’ve been doing a little of that myself lately. It always feels so good when it’s finished.

13. That recipe in the crock pot sounds really great. My husband would love it. Good for you for going shopping. We all need to remember to take time to spoil ourselves every once in a while. I love this post. Thank you for sharing your recent fun and experiences.

14. Ive been traveling for work. Last weekend I had an event in Charlotte The Quintessential Naturals Tour. I was a panelist. It was fun engaging with all the women who attended!

15. I’ve been meaning to watch the Handmade Tail for so long. I need a day all to myself so I can enjoy it to the fullest – maybe this Sunday? 😉

16. Sounds like a fun week! I can’t wait to start watching the Handmaid’s Tale, I read the book many years ago and I really enjoyed it! It was just so crazy and different! I’ve heard so many great things about the show too!

17. At work, we do this grilled onions & green peppers with sausage and it’s really tasty, the sausage is cooked on the grill. I could go completely broke on the Oriental trading website. Planning anything via that site is a total blast. Going camping to celebrate a birthday, that sounds like a lot of fun actually. If I didn’t have a winter birthday!

18. I just did the same and bagged a few things as well but I usually do this every time I go shopping! LOL! Somehow I feel like I need to make room for the new and just find peace with getting rid of the old.

Sounds like you had a very productive Sunday though! I love the ones that end with a great dinner!

19. Audrey Stewart says:

I loved reading what you did. I am glad you found some “ME” time.

20. OOo…I’ve been wanting to check out A Handmaids Tale – that is definitely on my list of things to see.

21. Betsy Barnes says:

Cleaning out the pantry and watching A Handmaids Tale are two things on my to-do list. You were definitely more productive!

22. rochelle haynes says:

Thanks for sharing loving your idaes