With the holiday season just around the corner now is the perfect time to start cleaning out those toy boxes and closets. I do this every October to not only rid of clutter, but to help prepare our budget for the holiday shopping that is about to happen. Like most families, we’ve really scaled down our gift list, after all going broke is not what the holidays are about. Yet, each year, there are still the must have gifts, and let’s not forget the groceries. I love to cook during the holidays, and most recipes can really add up when it comes to shopping.
Here is what the next week will be like around our house:
- Cleaning out the closets. (I do this first because I enjoy it the least)
- Pulling our winter totes out of the attic. Washing what we’ll keep, and sorting the clothes that no longer fit or make us ask “why?”.
- The toy box! How and why did we end up with so many toys?
- Cleaning and sorting all of the items we find worthy of a new home.
- Start listing them on here and iPad app here.
I wrote this blog post as a member of the eBay Parent Panel. I hold a compensated position with eBay. Opinions expressed are my own and honest.