Don’t overwhelm your sweetheart with cliché gifts this Valentine’s Day. Add a personal twist that shows you are willing to take the extra time to cater to that special someone. A homemade dessert is a thoughtful and inexpensive way to stand out among the $7.1 billion worth of candy that is sold in the U.S. each year.
Try this original recipe for Pringles Brownies, for a perfect mix of sweet and savory that will delight your sweetheart.
· 6 ounces baking chocolate, unsweetened
· 3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine
· 2 cups sugar
· 3 eggs
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 3/4 cup flour
· 1-6.41 ounce can of Original PRINGLES, regular or reduced fat
· 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
· Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Line 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, and spray foil with cooking spray.
3. In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on high for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate melts.
4. In a stainless steel bowl, mix sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well mixed.
5. Pour in butter chocolate mixture and mix well.
6. Empty PRINGLES and flour into a food processor, and puree until very fine.
7. Empty flour mixture into chocolate mixture and mix well; add nuts to distribute.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, and cool
Recipe provided by Pringles.