Recess! The Family Music Festival is coming to Meadow Brook in Rochester Hills, Michigan on Saturday, June 22, 2013. This is an event that is sure to entertain the whole family!
Check out the fun Musical acts that are included:
The festival is designed to actively engage the imaginations of children, ranging in age from 4-9, and their parents
In addition to the listed performers, families can enjoy a variety of interactive musically themed “creative spaces”.
- Improvisation & Imagination A hip hop workshop teaching rhyme, scratch, and beat box. Take home a CD of your very own hip hop track!
- Rhythm A drum circle, with instructors to teach participants how to use percussion instruments.
- Movement Dance and movement workshops, including break dancing, tumbling, and double-dutch jump roping.
- Discovery A rock band will be set up so kids can try out different roles, including drummer, guitarist, and vocalist. Learn the basics of songwriting while pretending to be in the band.
- Arts & Crafts Learn how to make instruments out of wood, and take them home with you!
- Become a Rock Star Treat your kid to a (temporary) tattoo and a punk rock hair-do, then stop by the photo booth for a picture.
Making this a fun and festive day your family will not want to miss!
Tickets are on sale now for only $25 each or a family 4-packs at a discounted price of $75. at Palacenet.com, The Palace Ticket Store and all Ticketmaster locations, including The Locker Room Store at Great Lakes Crossing. Tickets may also be purchased with American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard by calling 800.745.3000.
Enter to win:
Enter to win a family 4-5 pack of tickets by using the Rafflecopter widget below. If you have issue with the widget or would like to enter by email, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. One winner will be chosen and contacted by email on May 15, 2013.
Disclosure: This giveaway is part of an ongoing relationship with Palace Sports & Entertainment in which free event passes will be received. Opinions expressed are always honest and my own.
Winner must be 18 years or older and live in the Detroit area, or be willing to drive to Meadow Brook Music Festival, located in Rochester Hills, Mich.