I can remember when my girls were born. We spent a lot of time baby proofing the house with cabinet latches, and door alarms. That was a long time ago. Just as life has changed over the years, so has baby proofing. With the use of modern technology – comes a whole new set of worries.
For many Americans, a flat panel TV is a great way to enjoy family time and entertainment. However, most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. Due to increasing size and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture and causing injury or even death.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS encourages families to join their efforts and advocate mounting of flat panel TV’s in consumers homes. This is a safety issue that comes with an uncomplicated fix.
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
SANUS wall mounts are available at Walmart stores nationwide. You also have the opportunity to win a free SANUS wall mount here on my blog!
Enter to win by using the widget below. if you have any issues with the widget or would refer to enter by email, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. One winner will be chosen and contacted by email on July 1, 2013.