SOLO: A Star Wars Story is now available on Digital HD, Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand!
Lucasfilm’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” directed by Academy Award®–winning filmmaker Ron Howard—the creator of unforgettable films, such as “A Beautiful Mind,” “Apollo 13,” “Parenthood” and “Splash”—took moviegoers on this summer’s wildest ride with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy, Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich). The action-packed journey explores Han’s first encounters with future friend and copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), as well as his adventure-filled past alongside fellow street thief Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and career criminal Beckett (Woody Harrelson). Watch as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and on Movies Anywhere, and bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand right now!
My thoughts on the movie:
I really didn’t know what to expect from this movie, I missed it in theaters and had heard a lot of mixed reviews. The trailer and movie clips all looked really good to me. Thankfully, I was correct and enjoyed the movie. The story of how Hans Solo met his future co-pilot Chewbacca and encountered Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion, is told pretty true to the original trilogy. Not at all surprising is that the movie is full of action and quiet a few laugh out loud moments. Surprising to me, after reading early reviews, Alden Ehreneich does a good job of capturing the character’s mannerisms and I should mention Donald Glover is fantastic as Lando. Making Solo: A Star Wars Story a must see and/or own for any real Star Wars fan. I know it’s a movie my family is happy to have in our home collection.
If you are like me the bonus features can be just as enjoyable as the movie when it comes to a home releases. This one does not disappoint.
Solo: A Star Wars Story” bonus content takes fans behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan (writer of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi); a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han; a close-up look at the original version of the Millennium Falcon and Han’s first time piloting the infamous ship; the creation of the film’s otherworldly settings and pulse-pounding action sequences; and eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes, including the one below “A snowball fight”.
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 –Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
- Plus Deleted Scenes!
During a recent press event in San Francisco we were surprised with a quick visit to Lucasfilm headquarters! It was a Star Wars fan dream. If you follow me on social media, I’m sure you heard all about it and saw a lot of pics of the Yoda fountain and life-size characters throughout the lobby. It was a short visit but one I will never forget.
Looking for some Solo fun with the whole family? Check out this SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Activity Pack, filled with tons of cool things for you and the kiddos to do together, including a Mighty Wookiee Word Search!