The Truvia® Lunch Makeover Challenge encourages families to reduce those sugar-laden foods in lunches across North America and replace it with delicious recipes using the naturally sweetening power of the stevia plant. Truvia® utilizes rebiana which is the best-tasting part of the stevia leaf. I really appreciate that Truvia® is all natural, has zero calories and taste great with no bitter after-taste. This has not always been the case with products we’ve tried in the past.
With my busy schedule, I try to bring a lunch with me to the office. There’s just not enough hours in the day for me to seek out a healthy balanced lunch. Which in turn leaves only fast food options- something I do not want to make a habit of.
So, I have been more than happy to give the Truvia® Lunch Makeover Challenge a try! Using Truvia natural sweetener within recipes slashes the calories found in sugar and eliminates concern of a sugar “high” that kids and adults often experience after eating sweets.
It’s been a few weeks and I’ve really enjoyed the balanced lunches using Truvia® in-place of sugar. I use it in my salad dressings, in my dips and I love that I don’t have to skip the dessert and still lower my sugar in-take! Because sometimes, a brownie is really what get’s me through my work day.
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup canola oil
2 eggs, large
3 1/2 Tbsp Truvia® natural sweetener spoonable*
¼ cup sugar, white granulated
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp skim milk
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
* or 12 packets Truvia® natural sweetener
1. Assemble all ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F.
3. Place baking chocolate, butter and canola oil in a large microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30
seconds, stir. Repeat and stir to melt the chocolate.
4. Whisk together the eggs, Truvia® natural sweetener, sugar, salt, vanilla and milk in a
separate small bowl.
5. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
6. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
7. Fold flour mixture into the chocolate mixture using a rubber scraper, until just combined. Do
not over mix.
8. Pour batter into an 8×8 square pan.
9. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Do not over bake.
10. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes.
11. Cut into sixteen squares
Optional Garnish: Make powdered Truvia® natural sweetener by blending 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Truvia®
natural sweetener spoonable* and 1 Tbsp of corn starch in a blender on high for 1 minute. Lightly
sprinkle this powdered garnish on brownies using a tea strainer. Store leftover garnish in a sealed
Not a bad way to get through the day and feel better about my lunch!
I received free product and monetary compensation for the purpose of this blog post.