This blog post contains affiliate links.
Seven things that got me through four months off my feet.
About four months ago I slipped on wet ceramic stairs and broke my ankle. I also did damage to a ligament and tendon. It has been a painful and long recovery to say the least, most of it was spent elevating.
Now that I’m finally walking and ready to get back into the real world, here are seven things that got me through those four long months of basically sitting still.
1. Friends and family. I could not have gotten through this recovery without a lot of help. I am so thankful for my amazing husband, daughters and friends that were here everyday to help. I can admit I am not the easiest patient.
2. Thank goodness for Xfinity, Xfinity on-demand, my DVR and Netflix (streaming through our cable). The Haunting of Hill House and watching Mom from the beginning has gotten me through several sleepless nights.
3. Medical equipment. I lasted about five weeks before I gave in and ordered a Memory Foam Seat Cushion, a shower seat and a plastic slip cover for my cast. All three were a major game changer.
4. We now live in a world where anything can be delivered to your door with just the touch of an app and I am thankful. Between Uber Eats, Door Dash, Instacart and Shipt, they had me covered.
5. My princess of a basset hound, a.k.a. my snuggle buddy, Roxy. She hasn’t left my side since day one. As much of a comfort she has been, I am a little worried how she is going to take it when I go back to work.
6. Online friends. Late night Facebook chats and silly “feel better soon” emails really made me smile when I needed it the most.
7. My Mealthy Multipot. It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, and more, it is so easy to use that I was able to prepare delicious home cooked meals while on crutches. Having a husband and daughter that both work 6-7 days a week this was a real lifesaver!