Reading has always been a big part of our life. We started reading to our girls when they were babies and then watched them grow into young readers of their own. Now, years later we are doing the same with our granddaughters. They both already love to read. I recently received a few sweet board books from Little Simon.
Five reasons why you should read to your kids:
1. Reading time is a bonding time and it makes for some of the most cherished memories.
2. Kids who indulge in reading books and learning new things do better at school.
3. Reading expands our vocabulary, there’s no denying that at any age.
4. Reading builds independence. Kids who read often become self-confident and thus don’t feel the urge or need to rely on anyone but themselves.
5. It broadens our horizons and outlook of the world, allowing a window into different places, cultures, and traditions that we might have never known if it weren’t for books.
We have been enjoying the books that we received, they are the perfect level of stories for our four year old granddaughter, Lulu. Sweet board books from Little Simon are colorful, easy to read and made of thick cardboard for little hands.
Knowing that not all families are as forchant as ours, Lulu happily chose a few of the books to wrap and place under our local giving tree. We love the idea of sharing these fun books.
Thank you Little Simon for sending us everything we needed to make this great donation. Giving the gift of storytime is an affordable and great donation at anytime of year.
I’m happy to have Little Simon books for kids on my 2018 Holiday Gift Guide.
Learn more about Little Simon publishes by visiting the official Little Simon website.