I recently shared that I have have been invited to join an amazing group of bloggers in beautiful San Francisco on Tuesday, April 3rd – Thursday, April 5th to attend an early press event for Disney/Pixar’s INCREDIBLES 2 at Pixar Animation Studios!
This press event is going to be all kinds of super! So much so that I just had to share our (tentative) itinerary. I hope you’ll follow along and even send us some questions by using the hastag #Incredibels2Event on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. It is going to be beyond incredible.
It all kicks off on Tuesday evening (4/3) at Pixar Animation Studios where we will screen over 30 minutes of footage of the upcoming INCREDIBLES 2. This has me so excited I can hardly wait. I feel like I have been waiting for this movie for forever.
Then we will be screening an all-new Pixar animated short “Bao” followed by a making-of presentation and Q&A with Director Domee Shi and Producer Becky Neiman. We will be ending the night with a “Bao” themed reception that will include food and drinks right there at Pixar.
In pure Pixar tradition, “Bao” is a seven minute short that will air in front of Incredibles 2 when the movie opens in theaters this June. Bao marks the first time in the studio’s 32-year history a short has been directed by a woman. The first-time director previously served as story artist on Pixar’s Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. I’m pretty excited, and honored to have this opportunity. You all know how I love to support women in the arts and film. I am all about opening those doors for future women.
Wednesday 4/4 our day starts early at Pixar Animation Studios where we will be learning all about creating the world of Incredibles 2 – how the world came together, both through architecture and design, and urban planning. Participants include Production Designer Ralph Eggleston, Visual Designer Philip Metschan, Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire and Sets Supervisor Nathan Fariss.
The rest of our day looks like this!
ANATOMY OF AN ACTION SCENE
- Hear the breakdown of an action scene from INCREDIBLES 2 and learn from the crew how it all comes together in the final film. Participants include Story SupervisorTed Mathot, Layout Supervisor Mahyar Abousaeedi, Animator Kureha Yokoo and Effects Artist Amit Baadkar
- Get an inside look at the wardrobe and costumes created for Elastigirl, Edna Mode and newcomer Evelyn Deavor. Participants include Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire, Tailoring Lead Fran Kalal and Character Artist Deanna Marsigliese
“CREATE YOUR SUPER” ACTIVITY
- See how collaging was used by artists to conceptualize characters and their costumes, and try our own hand at creating a Super!
PIXAR STUDIO TOUR
- Guided tour of Pixar’s studio, with a focus on the brand-new art hallway featuring work from INCREDIBLES 2
- Find out more about Jack-Jack’s powers and the challenges that came along with them from the Effects team. Participants include Supervising Animator Tony Fucile,Effects Supervisor Bill Watral and Effects Artist Jason Johnston
DISNEYLAND “Pixar Fest”
- Presentation and Q&A with the Theme Parks team including Production Manager Krista Sheffler, Creative Director Tasha Sounart and Production Manager Heidi Holman
INCREDIBLES 2 press conference
- Interview with Director Brad Bird and Producers Nicole Grindle & John Walker
We also will be fitting in a Pixar Archives Tour, group photos and shopping at the Pixar store. Our Wednesday ends with a fun group dinner at Chevys Fresh Mex restaurant.
While in beautiful San Francisco, we be enjoying two nights of hotel accommodations at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
Seriously, this is going to be an incredible press trip filled with talented artists and a vast amount of behind the scenes information. I can’t wait to share it all with my readers.
Get social with this trip and visit the official websites below.
INCREDIBLES 2 (6/15/18)
WALT DISNEY FAMILY MUSEUM
Disclosure: Travel, lodging, events, and meals during this trip will be provided courtesy of Disney/Pixar. All opinions expressed are still honest and my own.