Monsters University unlocks the door on how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.
“Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. “Monsters University” bravely explores themes of self-discovery and the revelations that come with growing up.”
We recently received the Collector’s Edition, Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy of Monster’s University to enjoy as a family. It arrived in perfect time to perk up an other-wise not feeling so well little granddaughter.
I’m not always impressed with sequels or prequels, but if you enjoyed Monster’s Inc., this one you wont want to miss. The movie is filled with interesting beginnings, and emotional scenes, along with plenty of laugh out-loud moments! A rare prequel that manages to improves upon the original. I don’t say that lightly, as the original is one of my all -time favorite family films.
It sure did the trick with this girl! It’s become a fast favorite in our house, as it’s been watched several times already!
This combo is PACKED with fun bonus features –
- Campus Life – In depth look at a day in the life of what it is like being the “Monsters University” production crew at Pixar through their eyes.
- Story School – A documentary examining the challenges of creating a prequel, the change in focus from Sulley to Mike, and how gags are developed.
- Scare Games – Closer view of the MU production teams as they go head to head in the mostly playful Pixar Scare Games competitions.
- Welcome to MU – An entertaining look at the Monsters University campus and its development from the perspective of the artists who created each piece of the campus.
- Music Appreciation – A very cool documentary giving a privileged look at Randy Newman’s creative process.
- Scare Tactics – A thrilling display of how the MU animation team worked, such as their process of how they channeled their own monster-selves ultimately creating moments on screen that were humorous, scary and serious, sometimes all at the same time.
- Color and Light –A peek at the making of the colorscripts and how they were realized technically in the final film, while exploring the many levels of technical innovation required to produce such a realistic atmosphere.
- Paths to Pixar – MU Edition – Compelling backstories told by members of the MU crew sharing the challenges they overcame along their paths to Pixar.
- Furry Monsters: A Technical Retrospective – Exploring some of the technical challenges that arose when making “Monsters, Inc.,” and “Monsters University,” such as the difficulties in creating characters that are 20 years younger with tools that are 10 years more advanced.
- Deleted Scenes – Director Dan Scanlon highlights four separate scenes – “Rivalry,” “Recon,” “Movie Night,” and “Drama Class.”
- “The Blue Umbrella” – An animated short film from Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Saschka Unseld and produced by Marc Greenberg that played in theaters in front of “Monsters University.”
- Additional Bonus Features – Audio Commentary, Promo Picks, College Campaign, Theatrical Campaign, Set Flythroughs, Art Gallery and more!
Monster’s University (Collector’s Edition) Blu-ray pack is avaible NOW where family films are sold.
FTC Disclosure: Free product was received for the purpose of this blog post. All opinions expressed and photos used are honest and my own.