This post is part of an ongoing partnership with Mealthy in-which free products and compensation are often received.
It’s fall, my favorite season of the year and here in the midwest that means we’re ready for cooler weather, warm comfort food and evenings gathered by the fire-pit. When I reference warm comfort food, that can be any one of my go-to casseroles or crock-pot meals. A meal that my family really looks forward to this time of year is my homemade turkey and dumplings. In the past I would only make this dish on the weekend, because it takes all day to prepare and to slow cook in the crock-pot.
This year things are a bit different. I’ve been in a cast and told to elevate my foot for as many hours a day that I can tolerate. It’s been three months and I’m finally near the end with only a couple of weeks to go. Standing and spending a lot of time in the kitchen is just not an option for me these days.
So I tried making this family favorite with our new Mealthy MultiPot!
2 lbs turkey breast, cubed
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
3 tbsp dried parsley
1 x 2.8 oz package Chicken flavored granulated bouillon
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
3 cups chicken stock, unsalted
2 cans cream of chicken
2 cans refrigerated biscuits (homestyle, not buttered, flaky or layered)
1. Add cubed turkey to Multipot.
2. Mix garlic, thyme, pepper and bouillon together and add to turkey. Mix to coat.
3. Add all the vegetables (onion, celery, peas, and carrots) to the Multipot and mix well.
4. Pour the chicken stock into the pot and mix again.
5. Top mixture with both cans of cream of chicken, do not mix.
6. Cut each biscuit into quarters and place the biscuits into the pot evenly.
7. Place the lid on the Multipot, lock and set to Pressure Cook on high for 6 minutes.
8. Once the cooking time has completed, allow for a natural pressure release.
Serve warm, which is easy when using the Mealthy MultiPot, it automatically switches from cooking to keeping warm when finished. The Turkey and Dumplings were just as hot and fresh for my husband who ate an hour later than the rest of us. This is a great feature for busy families like ours.
My family won’t be missing out on any homemade comfort food this season, thanks to our Mealthy MultiPot! Not only does the pressure cooker option reduce cooking time literally from hours to only minutes, but I swear the flavor has never been so good, the meat so robust and moist. I will never go back to making this an all-day meal plan.
The Mealthy MultiPot helps me spend less time in the kitchen and more time around the table with my family. I love not missing out on silly moments like these…
Enter to win!
One lucky Five Dollar Shake reader will win a #MealthyMoms Cooking Kit.
– $35 Gift Card for mealthy.com
– An exclusive #MealthyMoms Bamboo 4 Piece Utensil Set
– A #MealthyMoms Sept Highlight Recipe Card Set
Enter to win by using the widget below. You will need a valid email address to enter. If you have any issue with the widget or would prefer to enter by email, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. One winner will be chosen at random on October 5th and contacted by email. Winner must be 18+.